Too Many Backlinks From Forum

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by markjubi12, Jan 1, 2014.

1. markjubi12

markjubi12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there Too Many Backlinks From Forum website and Blog Comment can hurt your website ranking? Means, how it affects the website?Please anybody tell me

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've learn from elsewhere that with just one backlinks a site can rank well especially tosites that try to rank locally or with long tail keyword. AS mentioned by matt cutts in his video blog, Google looks for natural pattern of backlinking. having too much backlinks from forum/blog might be the reason why your ranking sunk especially if these blogs/forum add your link on every page and so search engines give less credit to it.

A nice tool to check if your backlinks are approved by google is https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

An existing thread about this has already posted.

benhur

• Like Like x 1
  3. markjubi12

markjubi12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for Replay

i have probably 10000 backlink for Google webmaster account, my website' Traffic suddenly drop after June 2013 ,and also keywords for search term like "iphone app developer"are dropped, can you suggest me what can i do for better ranking and Traffic .

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked the SERPs for "iphone app developer" and found that the top 3 results are from Apple, and the 4th is from BottleRocket. You're going to have to work real hard to make sure you have absolutely no mistakes in the cosing of your website, your content has to be better than top-notch, and you have to take a real good look at the quality of your links, because you're competing with two companies that each have a skilled staff and very deep pockets. If you have too many forum/blog comment links that's definitely a problem.

5. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not true all back links are not bad for site if you put link on your signature then its good but mostly links from single domain is harm to your website

6. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe or maybe not. See, if you are getting too many backlinks from the same forums sites can hurt your website's ranking. But if you are building backlinks from various forums and blogs related to your website's niche can improve your website's ranking.

7. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its right that if you are getting too many backlinks from a single forum then it will really hurt your site so you start forum posting and blog commenting different sites so that you don't face this problem in future.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Forum posts and blog comments are considered low quality links. It doesn't matter if you post to different sites or to the same ones, they will not be valued by the search engines, so they won't help.

9. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

too many backlinks can't be hurt your website. Relevance is important in this case. Build natural and high quality links.

10. amanabbasi

amanabbasi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google give you permission only 1 or 2 links you got from one website or forum. I have good plan for solution of online. during the post you have option Disable your Signature.

11. isisplinfo

isisplinfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am still in doubt about this! I have seen few sites got penalty for having backlinks from each category and thread they posted on forum and same way, I have also seen sites which are not affected anyway though they have thousands of backlinks from forum website.

I am still not clear about this. Any expert comments here please?

12. markjubi12

markjubi12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks For Replay
    After checking the Links from Google Webmaster Tool
    i Had Found 70 Different Links Forum http://www.affiliateseeking.com/
    Does it is Affect my Website Ranking? and we have not used any signature for the various post in Forum.

Thank again

13. jeremy

jeremy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It doesn't matter how many links from forum or blog, because Google will automatically consolidate links from same domains. The dropping is due to better user experience from competitor website, and this is nothing do with Google penalty.

14. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First I want to know if the traffic that your site is getting before are really targeted? It is a rule of thumb ever since Google entered the internet world that you should optimize for real users.

You need to analyze the search behavior for your targeted traffic. It's not only about backlinks. I strongly believe Google is looking on how your site engages with its visitors whenever they set foot on your site. And having a very low user experience rate website will surely lead Google to show other pages that are better than yours in the SERP.

• Like Like x 1