To start a SEO business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by spyindianishant, Nov 30, 2013.

1. spyindianishant

spyindianishant
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I have approx 2 year experience in SEO industry and love to work in this industry. In future I want to run a firm who will provide SEO services. I just want some fruitful suggestions that what are the necessary things, qualities, time, skills required to start and smooth running of a business related to SEO.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

One of the problems with SEO is that many providers use questionable tactics in order to get quick results, and when the search engines discover what they are doing, the client's rankings disappear. When the client tries to contact the provider, they are either unavailable or they have also disappeared. With 2 years experience, you have some idea of what is and is not possible, and the kind of results the client can expect. you will also need to keep informed because the search engines are changing all the time, and an SEO provider must change their techniques to keep up. Honestly, I think you need more experience before running an SEO firm.
    You mentioned running a firm rather than being in business on your own. That means when you hire people, you also need to make sure they know what they are doing, and are not using the "questionable" techniques I mentioned earlier. You want to make sure that everyone is following the accepted guidelines, so the clients can get the best possible service you can give them.

3. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joeroxx , thanks for sharing this precious information. I like your concern in the post which is very useful.