To Employ or Not To Employ

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jerlene, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you start your first business you always feel like you can, or maybe just want to, run the entire show by yourself. At least that's how it is with me and most of the people I know who own a business.

Do or did you employ people right away or do you wait till you really need the help?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I waited till i got bored updating the site :D when i realize that i've got about 12 sites to manage on my own, i then try to let someone create articles for me from time to time.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I set everything up myself and maintain everything myself, the backend stuff anyway, then I hire people to just be there if someone has a question or something.

4. Andi21

Andi21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At best you are handling your business together with a business partner because it will be a clear task and work splitting and you can communicate together. Until my business is really earning and earnings are increasing, I am thinking of hiriing some mods or promoters to increase popularity, members and earnings. And because I can then afford to pay this workers, maybe also higher positons.