To-Do Lists

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Redd, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reason why most people don't achieve much in life is because they pursue some vague goals. Most people for example want to be successful. Success is like some unknown destination. You can't get there unless you have a map.

Create a list of everything which must be done to bring you closer to achieving your goal. You could have two lists. The first would be a list of what you intend to do or achieve by a certain date. It could be a little way into the future.

The second list which will be revised each time dawn breaks would help you be more productive — a list of things you'll do daily. Something that will ensure nothing is neglected and that everything you do is geared towards getting you to attain your long-term goals.

While yes it is possible to do much without lists, having a visual reminder of what you want can motivate you to work harder, longer. And as they say, working hard eventually pays off.

2. StuartSpindlow

StuartSpindlow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you dear, this is really interesting post you have shared.

3. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using programs with great notification systems is key when it comes to to-do lists.

4. srock

srock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I completely agree! Not only do lists serve to guide and improve the quality of our work, I find they also ease my mind so that my to-dos aren't running in my head stressing me out. If I write my to-do list for the next day before I go to bed, I sleep better.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 2 kinds of lists - one for long term and another for short term. My long term are mostly goals and projects like getting a new car or joining an organization (when I finally get the time). For the short term to do list, I use the cellphone to note down anything that I need to do within the week or two. It is mostly grocery items, hahahaaa. And for appointments, I also have another list in my cellphone but that's in the calendar since the date is fixed.