Tips To Optimize Your Website For Local Searches

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by faithnice, Jan 18, 2012.

1. faithnice

faithnice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone,
    Get started today with our 6 easy tips below To 0ptimize your website for local searches :

Your first step is to optimize the website for local searches. We recommend adding your home office's city name to some webpages, especially the homepage. For SEO purposes, the city name needs to be included in the following: page title (displayed at the top of the browser window), meta description (description of your website used by search engines), and meta keywords (brief list of keywords that communicate the theme of the webpage).

Your second step is to make sure that your business address is prominently added to key areas of the website. Placing the business address in the footer of your website is a great way to add the address, city, and state to all pages of the website.

Having a "Contact Us" page on your website, not only allows people to quickly contact your business but it also provides another opportunity for listing your business address and contact information. Be sure to prominently add your business address and other contact information to your "Contact Us" page.

If your business is in a competitive industry you may face fierce competition in ranking on page 1 in search results. For a major push in local search SEO, we recommend building a page on the website that specifically highlights your local services and products. The city name needs to be included in the most important SEO elements of the page including: page title, meta description, and meta keywords. The city name also needs to be included in the h1 heading tag (usually the title of your page) and the city needs to be mentioned within the body of the webpage at a minimum of 4 times.

Including your home office city name in inbound links to your website is another great way to build SEO for local searches. As you pursue opportunities for adding links on authoritative websites, be sure to ask if you can add optimized anchor link text to the link. For instance, if you own a cupcake bakery in San Diego try to get a link back to your website with the following text: "San Diego Cupcake Bakery" instead of just your website name.
    Next, ensure that your business is listed on the top local directory websites. An easy way to check where your website currently stands in local search engines is by visiting get-listed.org and searching for your business by name and zip code. Getlisted.org will compile a list of the top local directories where your business is listed and recommend directory listings. The following are a few of the top local directories we recommend pursuing: DMOZ, BOTW, Google, Bing, Localeze, Yelp, and Yahoo.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaraMartin01

SaraMartin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing Local Listings tips with us.. you have mentioned some websites for US listings. Can you please mention some UK based websites where we can submit the citation??

3. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really nice tips. Please do 1 more increment. That is "Our Policy" page on the website. It also count and have vital importance.

4. williamjean

williamjean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

really great post found very useful for people who targets local markets...

thanks..

5. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just skimmed your article so not sure if you metioned Google Maps. That is HUGE in local searches. if you can get mapped you will always be at the top of the page!

6. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's a great post somewhere (I'll try to find it) that shows 20-40 great sites to enter your local information. Like Yellow Pages etc... Many offer links.

7. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Informative post. I agree with you this great information.

8. johnnyS

johnnyS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just want to add that you need to geo target the keywords that you will be using before you do the on page optimization.

9. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google map and local TLD (top level domain) are keypoint to improve local search.

10. schumannrober

schumannrober
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also listen your website and business information through Google Place.

11. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to update my Google Pages account as much as I can. I'm not sure if that helps or not.

12. Skatewear

Skatewear
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really,it is a very informative post and it will help lot.

13. mbitsol

mbitsol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good post you should also add Google maps its great tool for local searches.

14. printsnpaints

printsnpaints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for sharing these tips. They were very informative, insightful, and enlightening.

15. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good job. Thanks for posting. It is very informative and helpful. It will surely benefit all readers.

16. seoiv

seoiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    all the tips are really good for local SEO. In other words local SEO is a best way to increase traffic.

17. loraedword1

loraedword1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my point of view if you optimize your article then you should do more and more bookmarking of your article. bookmarking is really effect way to optimize your article and website too.

18. riteshnarula

riteshnarula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really nice tips. Please do 1 more increment. That is "Our Policy" page on the website. It also count and have vital importance.

19. harryt

harryt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really useful. I do SEO etc. on my own business site for international rankings. I have not thought of putting the city name (I live in Auckland, New Zealand) inside the body of articles that have a local focus. I am currently formulating a new local marketing push so this is good help.

20. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really appreciate your efforts. It's very helpful for seo beginners. Sounds really great. Thanks for sharing an amazing bundle of tips.