Tips to Open a Successful Coffee Shop Business in London?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Fransisca Mcguinnes, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Fransisca Mcguinnes

Fransisca Mcguinnes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried of doing jobs at different cafe and coffee shops at the marketing manager. That's why I decided to open my own coffee shop this summer in London.

So, I want to know in the presence of too many coffee shops in London what tips I should follow to attract more customers. I targeted elders and families with features like old tv shows etc to add unique features in business. However, what should I do to attract the working class or students?

#1 Fransisca Mcguinnes, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018
  2. Joel Huang

Joel Huang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fransisca Mcguinnes,

Congratulations. Starting your own coffee shop is a big and vital step forward towards a possible business success. As you told that you're attracting old-age people by giving your cafe a retro feel, I think that you should first stick to the USP that you've already added rather attempting to attract everyone just now.
    Later, you may market this cafe like a time machine, where young people can go back in time and discover the exotic things their parents have grown up with. Again, I'd advise not to go for that just now. Let the concept stick with old people first.

3. StevenF50

StevenF50
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have a retro themed student day - a Wednesday would be good. Offer discounts for students that are competitive with the other local coffee shops and advertise that fact through social media.

4. Carly Swinson

Carly Swinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Location is the key to any shop's success. I have seen people sell ordinary stuff just because they have choose the right place to sell. At start you need to advertise your business so the people can notice you. Start with bonus offers or freebees as this is the most common way to attract customers.