tips on a new venture

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by newbie09, Mar 23, 2010.

1. newbie09

newbie09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, as I'm planning on starting a new website, I just want to ask for advice.

I'm not going to say what the idea is but will give idea of what it is about.

The website will be aimed at under 18year olds. I've heard of the dangers of the internet for youths, so as I was brainstorming for business ideas, I thought of common problems and a solution.

I thought of an idea that helps kids stay safe on the web and I want to ask for advice on marketing to my target audience.

Can you guys give me advice on what methods I can use for marketing? Please note that I lack funds and I bootstrap so I am looking for inexpensive marketing hence free marketing.

2. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, if you have to do some business you have to learn that in order for your business to go smoothly you should spend and invest money, time, and effort. So you really have to allot a budget if your going to promote your business..Why not try having a loan?

3. newbie09

newbie09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With my credit rating, it's not possible to get a loan.

There has to be ways to market without a budget. Some people find success in marketing with twitter, facebook, blogs, forums etc.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

newbie09 you should find some useful information and suggestions in these Featured Online Marketing, Advertising & SEO Threads. Please have a look through them and post back if you have any questions, we will do our best to help you.

You could also try some offline promotion such as contacting schools, parents associations and youth groups to inform them of the advantages of your service.

Will you be charging for the service or providing it for free?

5. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can do a lot for free - it just takes longer and more time investment.

So apart from domain and hosting the costs can be quite minimal.

Do research into your market - find buying keywords, what people are already searching for and capitalize on it.

Use your keywords to give a good SEO structure and optimized site on a Google loved platform like Wordpress (wordpress.org) which will halp you rank quickly. Have an opt in with a relevant offer and build a good list.

Make one quality article into video, audio, pdf, then spin and distribute with links to the offer on your site (not back to the original article). Post article on ezine using resource box for links back to your site as text and website URL.

Do Squidoo lenses, hubpages, knolls etc set up a ning, facebook and twitter marketing.

It's a bit hard to know what is useful without understanding what you are trying to achieve but these are fairly standard, accessible for little cash, just require time and should help you get traffic to your site quickly, to get ranking quickly and get marketed effectively without an outlay but it does depend on your market.

Forums in your market are a great way to get info needed, what the market wants, and make posts where you have your site in your signature which can be a great ad.

Good luck.