Tips:How to find a good sourcer on international market

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by chenqiming0599, Dec 9, 2013.

1. chenqiming0599

chenqiming0599
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Every one,

I am Kevin, 31 years old. Here I would like to share some my experience as a purchaser on international trading. Not ads. Hope everybody on this line could share the experience.

7 years ago, I joined a USA company from as a assistant buyer to Director of purchase Dept. I am a Chinese, and nearly 90% of our company's goods are exported from CN to USA, as we are a trading company, so the category are large, I need know lots of knowledge of each kind. In fact, the more and more import thing is you need to learn how to communicate with these different supplier.

Maybe you will think that purchasing is easier than selling. But I am afraid I couldn't agree with you. To find a good sourcer is really a troublesome!

Ok, let's come straight to the point---How to do it

1. If the products you looking for are Electric; Equipment or something that are required good after-sale service, and the quantity is large enough, you'd better find the real manufacturer and must be in long history, but how to judge these two point on so many supplier? First, the most convenient way is to ask a friend on the local market to check the supplier, but most of the buyer without a trustworth friend on there, so you need do the working by yourself. I believe most people will first google the supplier on internet, but mostly the information you get all are the advantageous, because most of the bad sides are only showed on the local search engine and showed on Chinese. So when you come to this difficult, the best way is direct ask the supplier to give you the client they have been cooperated on your market, if they refuse do it(in order to protect their clients business secrets, some supplier will refuse you), but you find their quotation are really competitive, you could ask them send a free sample to test, of cause you need to pay the freight cost, if the sample is good, then please don't just place the order, you'd better take a fly to visit their factory, this step is very important, because you could find a lot of very useful information if you are careful enough!

2. If the products you buy are in a wide range and each kind are in less quantity, I suggest you to find a long history trading company. A lot of buyer don't like do business with trading company, they afraid will pay more money. In fact, some trading co. even could offer you the price more lower than the factory, because they are VIP of many factory, they have more source on some products. The other way, because the trading Co. cost you the commission, so you are the direct clients of theirs, and a professional trading company will fight against to the factory for your interest. After all, they are the third party.

Sorry, I am tie up by something urgent, can't continue to write, maybe tomorrow if there are some people find these words are useful.

Or your guys could ask me any question about this field, I will answer as detail as I know.

2. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Kelvin welcomes to BAF and thanks for sharing your experience here.

3. Maxtroy

Maxtroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being an internet marketer I find your post useful because it is something new that I have learnt today. Do give us more details so that we can also use them .

4. chenqiming0599

chenqiming0599
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, Anandshah; Maxtroy; Your reply is the courage for me to continue.

5. chenqiming0599

chenqiming0599
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, today there are many many company choose to import products from China, because the Chinese government pay powerful support to foreign trading every year, in some field, the country pay 17% of the total value of the goods to the exporter, it is named Tax Refund. So some manufacturer even export their goods without benefit, but for the Tax refund. The other side is that China have a huge manpower as well as advanced equipment of producing.

Ok, I don't like to discuss whether it is good or bad that "Made in China", what I want to share is how to do business with Chinese, especially as a buyer.

1. As a buyer, how to get a real offer from the factory?

I think many people know that if want to import goods from CHN, the best choosing is to alibaba, or globalsource, there are millions of thousand seller of each kind products. Even so, it is not easy to find a ideal supplier. Then how to do it?

Tips: 1. Have a clear idea which kind of goods you are finding, e.g; the materials, color, functions so on. If you are a buyer of a trading company, and your boss ask you to find a product that you'd never contact, don't worry, you need to do only one thing, that to google the product so that you could have a rough idea about it, then after you communicating with about 10 sales, you already are the expert.
    Many buyer when quota a item, they often like to use a simple words to sales, like: I am interested in your product No.xxx, please give me your best price. Believe me nobody will send the best price to you, generally you will soon receive a reply that ask you to give the detail require of the products you wanted. It is really waste the time! So if you want your quota will be treated seriously, please tell the seller detail which kind of the products you are searching, and introduce your company briefly. If you do so, your email will be replied in soon. It is seemed I forget to tell how to find excellent supplier on a B2B website : ) First, your put a keyword on the search blank, then you will find several thousands supplier on this keyword, click their introducing, through the picture and video you could get a rough judge whether it is a manufacturer or trading company. PS. If you want to get a real competitive price, you'd better contact with nearly 15 supplier's, and if possible, you make a excel form, let these supplier to fill it out, so that you could have a clear compare which supplier's price is lower, which supplier's materials is you wanted, so on.

2. How to judge the real manufacturer or the trading co. on the B2B website?

Generally speaking, if a company show many pictures of kinds of different products, and on the video you couldn't find their factory, only the beautiful office, congratulation! it is trading company. And on the contrary it could be judged as manufacturer.

6. chenqiming0599

chenqiming0599
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some buyers find it is difficult to get the bottom price of the product they deal with. It is easy, for some product, especially for electric apparels, you could ask the manufacturer send you the Product Explosion Figure, then you will know each part of the product, you could ask supplier of these parts for price, is it right?

7. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great piece of information. chenqiming0599, thanks for sharing this informative post.

8. Sonera_group

Sonera_group
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for share really good and important information regarding supplier. Your experience is really helpful for me and other business men. thanks again for share nice information. i hope you will share more experience here, that become more helpful for everyone.