Tips For Business Success

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by anissa34, Jan 14, 2010.

1. anissa34

anissa34
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

* Talk the language of your target segment: If your customers are the baby boomers, you need to talk in a language that they will understand. The older generation has a value set thatf1 s different from the teens and adults of today, and it is this core set of beliefs and ideas that you must take advantage of to position your services as the best in the business.

* Broaden your repertoire: If you re marketing products related to fitness, don t just settle down with a showroom and an office. Set up a gym, get customers to try it out for free for a day or two, provide them with a whole package that helps them reduce weight and become fitter, and organize events to create and increase awareness of general health and the importance of exercising. This way, you re increasing your profile even as you remain in the same niche.

* Maintain an online presence: It s a reality today that everything is going the way of the World Wide Web, from newspapers to shops. You can buy and sell anything on the Internet, gain any kind of information you want, and pretty much do anything you want except touch and feel people and things . So it s important that you set up a website and a blog and also maintain a presence on social media like Twitter and Face book so that you re able to keep a finger on the pulse of your customers thoughts and ideas.

* Expand through innovation: You could expand your niche by focusing on a sub-field within the same if feedback from your customers is positive. Alternatively, you could position your product in a different way so that it appeals to a target group different from the one that comprises your present customer base.

Keep sharing and reading
    Thanks

2. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi anissa,

Thanks for sharing us these tips and advice.

They are all very useful and very interesting. Good stuff. :)

3. ethan1066

ethan1066
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i had glad to say thanks to you for sharing your experience with us..all these things act as a catalyst for us to make our business successful..keep sharing such wonderful tips with us ...

4. Clinton

Clinton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great tips. I remember seeing them somewhere as written by "Alisa Johnson" for some article directories. Thanks for reminding us about them.

5. stepheny

stepheny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use computers to look busy. Any time you use a computer, it looks like work to the casual observer. You can send and receive personal e-mail, calculate your finances and generally have a blast without doing anything remotely related to work. These aren't exactly the societal benefits that everybody from the computer revolution expected but they're not bad either. When you get caught by your boss--and you will get caught--your best defense is to claim you're teaching yourself to use the new software, thus saving valuable training dollars. You're not a loafer, you're a self-starter. Offer to show your boss what you learned. That will make your boss scurry away like a frightened salamander.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interesting suggestions there stepheny. Given the huge range of opportunities and resources available through computers, they can be put to much better uses - i.e. you can use them to be actually busy. :)

7. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would you say a way of expanding a niche would be bringing in a product/service similar to what you were already selling? Or would it need to be something that makes your existing product better?

8. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice tips over there.

It's very necessary to use a decent and yet simple language so that your customers won't feel uncomfortable or not understand as a whole.

Keeping product and maintaining office will also not further help if your market is competitive. So, it's very necessary to know marketing strategy and run various schemes and ideas to implement your business success.

It's also necessary to keep an online site so that it will help you get some customers and help customers more often.

Feedbacks are always positive either they contain both good and bad comments about your product. There is always chance for improving your product or business through usual bad comments if more-over.

9. homesecurity

homesecurity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sell Soft
    Don't ever hard sell. Solve problems. Satisfy wants. Do what is truly best for your customer.

Leave Your Comfort Zone
    Never accept the idea that this is the way you've always done it. Never accept that a new idea or technology could never work for you.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Either way could work. You could introduce a product that would be of interest to your existing customers - e.g. a small petrol station that begins to sell road maps to their existing customers. Or you could sell something that complements your existing product - "Would you like fries with that?"

Does that answer your question?

11. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it does. Lol. Just had a retarded moment I think. Thanks! :)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Not at all, I appreciate all business questions that are asked here and I'm still often surprised myself at how much I can learn from others, when I ask the right question.

13. Ecogadgets

Ecogadgets
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this tips but what I know is everything depends on quality of your product or your service and your marketing skill.

14. EdWilliams

EdWilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is such an excellent tips of Business success.. People should follow that..!!

15. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the post. In my opinion, being successful in business, important things to do first, select the target market carefully and be different so that the customers find the product more interesting.

16. cathleen

cathleen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Don't let others decide "your" attitude.

2. Always be early to work and always be willing to stay late. Moving up is often measured in �sweat equity.

3. The best ethics are those that can stand being illuminated in the morning newspaper.

4. A positive attitude will take you further than your technical knowledge.

5. Decision making should always involve identifying the risks and assigning probabilities to possible outcomes.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've heard Donald Trump say that the most important factors in success are that 1. you truly love what you are doing and 2. that you never give up. He says that the first one is by far the most important, because if you do truly love what you are doing you are unlikely to give up anyway.

18. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Love what you do and your job will love you in return. Also, be punctual even if you're already the biggest boss.