Tips for an Effective Restaurant Web Site

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by FoodStart, Jul 8, 2013.

1. FoodStart

FoodStart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends can you help me in creating website tell which are the points i should considered before creating an effective Restaurant Web Site

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

FoodStart welcome to Business Advice Forum. Will you be building the site yourself or will you hire a designer to do it?

3. mzpz

mzpz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should prepare text and what navigation menu you will need on your restourant website.

Make sure you include location page where the visitor can take a look where your location is.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally, I think the best restaurant websites are usually pretty simple - hours, location (with a map) and menu. If there is catering and take out (that is take away for some of you), those should be covered. If there is a wine list or if the restaurant is known for an extensive selection of beer or ale, those should be covered. I like pictures, too, but only if they are of a professional quality. Include pictures of the specialties of the house, of course, but also photos of the interior of the restaurant. Is it quiet, cozy and romantic, or is it one of the bustling see-and-be-seen spots?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must be good with HTML if you are to create the website yourself.
    Ensure the overall layout of the website is properly structured.
    Have quick loading website. Optimize the site to load quickly so that you do not have a high bounce rate.
    Make sure the site is compatible with all the major browsers and has a responsive design.
    Have well optimized website from the SEO perspective.
    Use internal links effectively.
    And have lot of tempting pictures of the cuisine you serve.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Connect with Facebook fanpage! ;) And remember to keep it alive, update dinner of the week, special promotions etc., make people able to post their feedback.

7. FoodStart

FoodStart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

should i ask people for their email address and birthday or any special days so we have a reason to send them an email and a discount?

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I will design it and seo will also be done by me

8. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best ways is to connect through social media and ask foodies to give reviews about restaurant ambience, food and service levels
    It will not only help you improve, but the schema ratings will also show in google search to help other foodies to visit your restaurant

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds like a great idea, if you can offer some kind of discount you will have the opportunity to contact potential customers at exactly the time they may be interested in booking a restaurant for a special occasion.

10. Jerry55

Jerry55
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adding current events to your web page is a sure way to let patrons know that there's always something happening on your site and through your doors. Another reason to update frequently is to assure that your restaurant pops up in appropriate searches. Because Google and othersare always reconfiguring the algorithms that determine search results, it's imperative that your codes and tags are properly maintained and updated. Your website is a valuable tool, but only if you set it and don't forget it.

11. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi FoodStart,

I've been in charge with marketing and social media for several "La Tasca" (spanish restaurant) sites around London, UK, for quite a while. Here are a few things that you should consider having on your website, in my opinion:

- the website should be responsive (at least 30 to 40% of your potential customers will check on your website from their mobile phone or tablet so, it is important to offer them a good experience)
    - contact details (including a map);
    - menu;
    - online booking system;
    - newsletter subscription (this may sound simple, but it is a quite complex process that will definitely boost your business);
    - special offers, discounts for regular customer, incentives, events;
    - link your website to your social media accounts (at least Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube).

I haven't get into details regarding the marketing and/or SEO implications for the points mentioned above but I can give you a few tips on how to use each of them, if you wish.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I wish you good luck in creating your website for the restaurant.
    But I can suggest you some other idea – create a mobile application. It is very convenient for clients to use it, nowadays almost everyone has a smartphone, so the can have an access to your app. Also it works great for provide the conveniences of booking tables, food delivery. Besides you can offer special bonuses for those who are using your application, provide your clients with the latest news and ask them for review.
    A free mobile app makes your restaurant attractive for both existing clients, as well as to those who are yet to visit you and enjoy your services. You only have to refresh the content to keep clients satisfied.

13. FoodStart

FoodStart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's an nice idea I will surely think on it... Thanks every one for your great support

14. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You are welcome! I'm sure that you'll succeed. If you need some extra information about the possibilities of using mobile app – feel free to contact me.

15. marrie

marrie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A website is an essential part of a business. Same holds good even in case of restaurants. It can offer a great opportunity to attract more .Tips for creating a restaurant website. By Lorri Mealey, About.com Guide. How to Build a Restaurant Website. A good restaurant website can help fill empty seats .
    http://www.ranker.com/list/top-seafood-restaurant-chains/restaurant-chains

16. SerhiyKuchma

SerhiyKuchma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People wrote here good ideas for you and good points. I wanted to add one little thing if you want to add to your restaurant some interesting thing you can try to fix booking tables through 3d panorama. Client can go into the restaurant look at it choose table and all this from home:)

17. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you are right,easy to navigate and clear information provided on your website so that user easily navigate and use your website.Because if a website is responsive and attractive in design then user love to stay,also perform some action.

18. webcreations

webcreations
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is the nice tips for creating an effective restaurant website:
    1. Use quality photos only
    2. Ask for birthdays and email addresses
    3. Update frequently
    4. Flash specials
    5. Match the ambiance
    6. Take reservations online
    7. Enable people to back your business

19. Trevor

Trevor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rules to Have An Effective Restaurant Website.
    1. Have a clean and easy to navigate Web site.
    2. Don't promote the form versus the substance.
    3. Post meaningful information
    4. Give something away for free
    5. Post some videos and photos of your place,
    6. Offer a map and directions to your restaurant.
    7. Add an online booking module
    8. Create a monthly or quarterly newsletter
    9. Post a recipe
    10. Add Online ordering.

20. justiceabhishek

justiceabhishek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most important part of restaurant website is that its should be simple to understand with impressive design and structure, navigation should also be easy showing price menu listing with some special offer highlighting in home page. One crucial thing I would like to mention here that go for responsive web design as its demand in present market and more more people can be found in iphone, smartphone and tab. One can look on other benefits on responsive web design.
    http://www.sonitek.ca/blog/responsive-web-design-a-closer-look/