Time to stop working for money but have money work for you!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Sprinkles, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to the book Rich dad Poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki, having money work for you is a lesson that is never taught in school. Most of us have always worked for money! I would like to hear practical experiences of how to reach this level of having enough money to work for you.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One practical way to start could be to save a certain percentage of all income you receive. Many experts recommend saving 10% of your income, but if that is too much for you, you could even start with saving 1%. This would help you to get into the habit of saving and paying yourself first.

Paying yourself first is a strategy recommended by many books related to money. It means that you save a percentage of your income and then spend the rest, as opposed to spending your income and saving the rest.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that's all about the passive income, there is a game from Rich dad Poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki as well name cashflow, you need to come out from the circle to win the game, and the way for you to come out from the circle to make the passive income (which is money works for you), and you will found that if you are working for money, you cant get out from the circle

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you played that game yourself sigma? Did you find it helpful as regards teaching you how to make and manage money?

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, i play this game a lot, with my friends and sometime play it online. That's more fun when you play with your friends. Of course, game is still game, you still need some luck to win the game but you can actually learn something from the game. It mainly on learning how to get out from the circle, or saying how to let the money working for you.

Fergal, did you play the game before?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Sigma, no I have read the "Rich Dad Poor Dad" book but have not played the game. I feel that I do need to improve my financial and money knowledge so it is something I will consider.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1