^Time Management

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by SilverPrincess, Nov 18, 2009.

1. SilverPrincess

SilverPrincess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The importance of time management can be gauge from the truth that by following its simple principles we can go from breathing day to day to living a full, successful live in which we work actively towards our life goals. No other skill or information set lets us achieve that.

Everybody knows that we have more than twenty different things that need to be done in a day. We don't really know how we are going to fit all of this into our busy schedule.

What about your Perception on it?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I also believe that time management is very important and that by implementing simple time management principles we can greatly improve our productivity and the quality of our lives. SilverPrincess, do you have any time management tips that work particularly well for you?

3. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10 Ways to Improve Your Time Management

1. Set goals that you can reach. You have to know what you are working towards.

2. Take it one step at a time. When you look at the big picture, it can be a little overwhelming. Do your tasks in smaller pieces.

3. Know that it's ok to say no. You can't always say yes to everyone and expect to be able to manage your time. If you're too busy, say no.

4. Bust procrastination. This is detrimental to time management. You must avoid procrastination if you hope to achieve your goals.

5. Make priorities and be honest and realistic when you prioritize. Then stick to your priorities.

6. Get organized. You may need a calendar, planner, personal organizer or other devices to help you stay organized. Make use of these tools to keep on track with your time management.

7. Learn to delegate. You just can't always do everything yourself. When possible, delegate tasks to others and allow friends, family or co-workers to help you.

8. Take a realistic look at your time management problems. Find out what is holding you back and then make a plan to beat it.

9. Make use of time management tools. There are many great tools and tricks of the trade available to anyone willing to learn and take advantage of them. Use these tools when you can.

10. Use all time wisely. What can you get done while waiting in line or in the doctor's office? What can you do while spending time driving in your car every day? Are there opportunities you're missing to really make the most of your time?

SOURCE

Related Article http://www.lyndonantcliff.com/positive-thinking/ten-quick-tips-to-improve-your-self-esteem/

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The thing that has worked best for me, in relation to time management, is focusing on what's important. When you concentrate on working on what's urgent you will find that there is always urgent stuff to do and the important stuff never gets done. By writing a list and prioritising tasks based on importance, you discipline yourself to spend your time on tasks that bring you the best results.

With practice, time and discipline, this approach can make a significant improvement in your productivity and what your achievements.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management need practice after study. At the first, it seems quite trouble because you will always think that we need to spend extra time to make those planning. However, this is actually helps us to manage our time in future once you use to it.

I still remember that when i was in time management course, it required those planning and recording, it doesnt help me at the first stage but spend more time to make this kind of planning. After practice for a month and i know where is the time wasting, then i can take some action to save my time. Time management is similar as lean manufacturing, you need to reduce the non-value added, then you can get more efficiency

6. dipcliper

dipcliper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management for me is very important we have to make sure that we have a lot of time for each important aspects of our lives:)

7. lotmene09

lotmene09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time Management

Hmmm...I am really bad at this one. I lose more time constantly checking the computer. I need to make lists again. I always do better when I have a list to work off and can check things off as I do them.

8. moonshaneisle

moonshaneisle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management rules my life because without it i cannot attain my goals for myself, my family and my other love ones. In order to become successful schedule your priorities and not prioritize your schedule.

9. augest

augest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quite agree. Reasonable time management makes our work more effective.

10. Business Forms

Business Forms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

time is very important for us. every work do in right time so the work have value. if time gone and you do it its nothing but like joking with duties. so every time work in some pressure so your work be start fast and end best.

11. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being organized is the number step to manage your time effectively and focus - that's what I need since I'm a very busy person.

12. biijuu

biijuu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time Management gets even more important if you are running a business.

For a business, time is money. If you have lots of employees, and if each of them optimizes their time management, there could be significant results.

13. souljaa

souljaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management I find is the key to sucess. It leads to being organized and list your goals in order to achieve them. It's essential in life in my opinion

14. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Multi-tasking is what I always implement while working. I got used to it since I'm a very busy person.

15. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time is very important. Others look at it as a gold because proper time management can create opportunities to have money. That's the reason why it is important.

16. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Strongly agree with you all. Time = money and if we want to succeed, we need to learn how to manage our time well.

By the way, did anyone knows how to overcome procrastination?
    I'm interested in this subject and would like to learn from your opinion... :)

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Shawn you will probably get a much better response if you start a new thread with that question.