Time Management

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by knuxie1135, Oct 30, 2012.

1. knuxie1135

knuxie1135
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for me, as a worker time management is very important. I need to allocate my time in order to catch up my schedules. my problem is I want to teach my children on how to have their own time management. but how? please send me advice.,..

thanks,
    knuxie

2. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time management is important in every field of life. Time once gone never comes back. Each and everyone of us get 24 hours in a day and we need to manage it in an efficient manner to enjoy our life fully. The tips mentioned below would help you to teach your children the essence of time management:-

1- Ask them to prepare a time table for playing and studying. They must divide the time spent on playing and studying.
    2- Ask them to play a game which involves performing a particular task within a stipulated period of time.
    3- Give them some coloring work in their color book and present a cadbury to the child who finishes first. Make sure the other child does not gets demotivated. Provide support at all stages.

One last thing, do not force it on your children but try making it a habbit slowly and gradually. This won't happen in a day, it would take time, be a friend to your children and let them adapt to time management slowly.

My best wishes are with you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great tips. My children are all grown and I never consciously thought about teaching time management to them. During high school that became a real struggle. I don't know if starting earlier would have done the trick but it certainly would not have hurt.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is never too late. you can always start when you are ready.
    Just give it your best.
    Whatever task you give to your children make sure they finish it in the stipulated time and then you can encourage them with any small reward. Slowly they will like to finish things in time and earn the reward.

5. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can refer a nice article here

6. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well for starters, help your children in making a good time table for themselves. e.g. Lets say you fix 2 hours for study, 2 hours for sports and so on. Now once the table is made put it some place were the children could see that daily. Monitor them following the tasks and within a month they will learn Time management!

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time Management is a good habit especially for individuals who have so much work to do. It enables the individual to efficiently and effectively do tasks that he or she needs to finish as much as possible.

8. jdab

jdab
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A timetable would be a great way of doing this. Schedule times for work, and also times to break. Make sure you give yourself enough break time.

9. gmichel

gmichel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time cannot be managed!
    Tasks can be managed.
    Make a schedule.
    Write in the evening a list of things to do the next day.
    Do them the next day.

• Like Like x 1