Time-based decision: What should I study as a strong safety-net?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by RIYADHALAWAMI, Jan 31, 2012.

1. RIYADHALAWAMI

RIYADHALAWAMI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hope you're all having a good day.

I've finished high-school and have decided to take a (or more - related to success!) year before taking on college, mainly to test out my business idea on specialized export trade, having established a market niche and a definite market through friend and family networks.

I've studied Higher Maths, Chemistry and Physics, basing my choices on performances in junior school. However I have recently become interested in Accounting and Business, accordingly spending most of my time this year learning and advancing myself in these fields alongside other major character improvements.

With a definite aim to becoming a prosperous and mutually beneficial entrepreneur eventually, would it be sensible to apply to study Administrative/Managerial Business and Accounting, with a language (I speak Arabic and French well), instead of applying for a Physics degree as originally planned?

I am looking forward to all of your responses and if you have any extra questions please feel free to ask.

With great regards,
    R. Alawami.

2. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Considering your interest studying Administrative/Managerial Business along with your accounting would be a wise decision, since you are already equipped with knowledge of Arabic and French, you can go for Chinese or Spanish.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What subject are you most passionate about and interested in? In my opinion that's the subject you should study.

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal. Though you both have the option of either continuing to a Physics career or in Administrative/Managerial Business, what matters is what and where your real passion is. A lot of people chose something over the other, thinking that it would bring them to a good career, but their interest and passion on such work is not there - and so they fail.

Most people succeed because it is their passion.