Thread For the SPAMMERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by William King, Jan 18, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently some member have posted an ad in the wrong forum and his total posts was 3 or 4 which were not much contributing.
    I want to say something to all such spammers that please not for the reason that such attitude is disturbing but for their own benefit because Google is now taking strict actions against spammers and penalize the sites which are involved in the spamming everywhere and it is also not good for your business marketing as it leaves a very bad impression on the audience because you are very disturbing and annoying for them.

You can also see a link on my signature I also do advertisement it is not such a bad thing to do but do not gives first preference to it. First preference should be sharing knowledge which is the key of success advertisement is just a small benefit of sharing knowledge on the internet

2. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hard to avoid. Genuine spammers will just not listen because that's what they do. They do not really care if one's site will go down in rankings because of them, and really, you can't stop them unless you physically stop them. Also, many spammers use automated systems, eg. XRumer, and can get past most systems so it's really up the administrators and moderators to keep watch for such instances.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks William King and DavidL.

We do take action to remove spam from the forum and to keep the community as spam free as possible, unfortunately we can't keep out 100% of the spam attempts and some will inevitably get through our spam filters. When this happens we remove it as soon as we see it. Persistent spammers are also banned from the forum.

All members can help us to control spam by using the "report post" facility to let forum staff know when they see a post that does not meet our guidelines. You do this by clicking the "Report Post" button - it's the black triangular button with the exclamation mark (!) that appears at the bottom of every post. You can see it in the image below, taken from one of GekiDan's posts;

View attachment 313

Link to image.

4. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal I dedicated this thread to all the spammers just not only of this forum. I actually wan them to realize that by spamming you are not only disturbing others but also creating problems for your self

5. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ya its very true..spammers disturb a lot..i have seen some forums in which its very difficult to find the good threads.. i am very happy to see that memebers in this forum are active to fight against spam..good man.. :) :thumbsup:

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like DavidL states, spammers won't listen to you unless you stop them physically.
    SPAM is already there since the spread of the internet until now. If they could easily stop such actions, spam won't be here until this age. But since the increase number of sites in the internet, and numbers of softwares that can automate it, there's no stopping them. The best way you can do is enhance your forum's spam filters, have active moderators 24 hours a day, and have a keen eye in determining which is spam or not.

Maybe you can implement the same rule Fergal posted regarding signatures to prevent spammers leave links without contributing. And easily determine which uses false signatures or not.

7. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think so that it is impossible to control the spammer. I think the number of normal internet users are a lot more than the spammers if all the regular internet users report the spam anywhere they see than it will become much easier for the webmasters to remove the spams and if their are website which only contains spam than who cares no one will visit and it will surely get penalize by Google

8. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

However, reporting spam is not completely stopping spammers. So long as there are proxies, spamming will continue. Proxies allow spammers to hide their own IP (like a digital fingerprint) and cloak it with another. When Fergal or another admin blocks that IP, they are not really blocking the spammer's IP.

Of course there are plenty of sites where the webmaster has not done anything about spam, and yes, they do get penalized by Google, mainly for hosting a link farm (as spammers tend to add links).

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was saying that if user see some spam post or content he can report it to the websmaster and I think if the admin of the all the sites approve the posts after review than it can also help a lot to minimize the spam on the web

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When the forum become popular, the number of scammer will getting more and more, it is hard to be avoid
    And therefore we need mod and member to help to report/taking action when found any scammer/spammer

11. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think we know those persons who are known as volunteer moderators of forums