Thoughts on our site?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Arcaign, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey All... After about 3 years, we have finally launched our site and was hoping you wouldn't mind offering your thoughts on it.

Its a long time coming and we are still tinkering with it.

Thanks a bunch.

www.stiffshaftgolf.com

2. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think your site looks pretty nice. It's very organized and once it has more content, I think your site has some good potential.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello i think your website looks very cool , but i have a suggest it is need more products to get more traffic .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Alan.. Unfortunately we just launch on a shoe sting budget but more is definitely coming. I appreciate your positive feedback.

5. Oliver.N

Oliver.N
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks pretty excellent. Well laid out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kundansingh

kundansingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its looking cool,but content should be more:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. gmichel

gmichel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very cool. You can add your content now...

• Like Like x 1
  8. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly I think it looks great. Like everyone else said, add more products and you've got yourself a quality site. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  9. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think your site looks great!

First for the bad: Your home page uses this word: "golf-wear." I don't believe that word is hyphenated. However, the copy is great. Very enticing language and the look and feel of the site is quite intriguing.

As far as where to go from here:

You may find that unless you are driving traffic to this site, people may look around but not buy. If you have an offline sales force, this could be used to get online orders. But usually, ecommerce sites need a content push to start pulling free flowing traffic from the Net.

I suggest using your blog to write articles that utilize keywords people are looking for in relation to your topic. Then work on getting high quality back links to those posts and to the other pages on your site. That will begin to prime the traffic pump.

Unless you plan to manually take people to the site (advertising, link sharing, etc.) you may not see enough visitors to make sales. But hang in there and with enough content, you will, eventually.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Others have already mentioned the lack of content, and lack of products, which you are already aware of, since the site is brand new. As you add more products, it might be a good idea to tweak the design a little, to make it more obvious that these are product visitors can buy.Denise also has some good ideas.
    Being in the marketing area, I had a preliminary SEO Analysis done on your site. Out of a possible score of 100%, your site got a 50.01%. Some of that is because of duplicate content, and I noticed that your link to the home page on other pages goes to "http://www.stiffshaftgolf.com/index.php?route=common/home", rather than "http://www.stiffshaftgolf.com". You also have duplicate Meta Titles and duplicate Meta Descriptions, as four of the pages have the title "Golf Apparel by Stiff Shaft Golf". Most of your images are also missing "ALT" tags, and your home page has no <H1> Header Tags.
    I hope this has been helpful, and if I can be of further assistance, let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all very much for the feedback and encouragement. I realize content is thin but its one of those things that will be a work in progress for a long time. As we move along, we will beef it up and add additional pages so that it grows more and becomes more of a presence.

Thanks again, it is very much appreciated.