This WILL help your Business

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Arcaign, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In today’s economic hardship, businesses are feeling the squeeze more than ever and are looking at ways to cut cost but still maximize their advertising dollars. Is this a possibility or will business have to suffer as a result? With careful planning, maybe it can be done, but there is still a cost to it. Small businesses and entrepreneurs are hurting most of all because keeping up with the competition is becoming a far more critical battle then it ever was and studies show that the majority are losing this battle. So what can you do as a business owner?

My name is Gerald, I have a business and I have been working with a company that has developed an innovative product for businesses, specifically in the SMB field. The company is Surf It Local, and their product is a business community associated with an extremely accurate geo targeting mechanism that allows customers to find your business. The product itself is a web presence in which a business can customize to reflect what their business is about and advertise to the masses. As you know, local searching is by no means new, however it is still in its infancy and catching on strong.

As a business owner, would you like the ability to create your own business web presence without spending $2000 + to have someone else do it for you? Would you like the ability to develop a business network similar to LinkedIn where you can provide and receive referrals for your services? Would you like the ability to utilize keywords that are specific to you without the pay per click cost and yet still see your rankings increase in Google as a direct result of these keywords? Would you like the ability to market your products to the nearly 20 million businesses index in the Surf It Local Community and increase your business awareness? And would you like the ability to utilize an eCommerce shopping cart system in which you can transact with other businesses or consumers? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you owe it to yourself and your business to see what Surf It Local has to offer.

So you are probably wondering what is the catch with all this? This product must be ridiculously expensive to be offering all this. Well… The fact of the matter is it’s not.

Surf it Local has gone out of their way to design and develop a business tool that is affordable and necessary for today’s small businesses. For only $29.95 per month or $300 per year you can have all of the features listed above. If you don’t require all the tools, then you can either simply advertise your business name and directions to get there free of charge or you can simply create a web presence for only $9.95 per month or $99.95 per year. The choice is yours

I am providing this information for you as a means to continue the life of your business. There is absolutely no reason why anybody should have to pay over $200 per month to build a web presence. I implore you to see what is available by clicking on the link below which will take you to a 5 minute video about what Surf It Local is. Once done, you are under no obligation to sign up, but you can always register free of charge to see how it can benefit you.

https://www.surfitlocal.com/video.aspx

I wish you all the best of luck in 2009. I’m confident that we can pull through these difficult times

#1 Arcaign, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Gerald, thanks for sharing that with us, can you please provide some info on your business that you are promoting on Surf it Local?

How has being listed there helped your business up to now?

3. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure thing. Unfortunately I don't have the money to put into creating and marketing my own website. I approached a company to build one for you to the tune of $2300. Surf It Local allows me the ability to build a web presence within their business community that local customers can view or other businesses in the directory can view. because of the low cost per month ($29.95) I can still have my web presence but allocate money into other things. As far as a local search engine, they have a really great system.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've built websites for myself and others and they didn't pay anything close to $2300. In fact it wasn't even a fifth of that (even with a shopping cart). No one has to pay that to build a website and anyone who expects you to for a simple site has a cheek.

So is Surf it Local your business perhaps, Gerald? You didn't say what your business was that you promoted through it.

Maybe I'm missing something but if it's a basically a local business directory on the web, why wouldn't someone just sign up with Google Local Business Center and get listed there? It's free to get your business listed and turns up in Google results too, including a Google Map. How it works.

Same with LinkedIn, it was free last I looked and is already well known so why not just join that? I'm trying to see the benefits of Surf it Local but don't see any reason to spend $300 a year yet rather than building my own site on my own domain and getting it listed for free, sorry. :)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Arcaign can you please post a link to your web presence on Surf it Local?

I'd be inclined to agree with Kay, why would you pay to list your site on Surf it Local, when there are so many free options on the web, that are better known?

6. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure. you can have a look here. The thing that separates Surf it Local from the free sites is the tools they offer for businesses to grow. Anybody can do geo targeting, and that is not something that is unique to them, but having the ability to create a web presence and build a list of business associates (like LinkedIn) and more has just helped.

I'm not associated with Surf It Local, I just happened to have found them, tried them and like what they do. Like I said in the original post, I do think it's something that can help businesses which is why I posted(especially in these times) so why not.

7. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi arcaign, plz dont take this offensive, but i must say that you should take a better way to present your business. what i've seen from your link didnt impress me much. If you want to do business seriously, you have to think your policy again. Please take my words as a suggestion from a well wisher, not a critic.

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't disagree with that, Gerald and am glad it's helped your business. Not to labor the point, but again I still don't see what they offer that's different that would make me choose them over LinkedIn or similar setups.

Have you hooked up in any way with other businesses then via it and got actual work out of it or is more networking? I see you have Business Associates listed on your page (reminds me of the Add Friends function on MySpace etc.) and am wondering how that works.

Why not indeed, as long as you're happy with them. I'm just always looking for free ways rather than paid that accomplish the same thing. :) Thanks for showing your page, Gerald.

9. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Azraf, I appreciate your suggestions and completely understand where you are coming from. At present it is still a work in progress as I continue to get things together. At present I am working on a business commercial that I can display in the video section where I have single greatest golf shot in the world lol.

Kay, LinkedIn is a great network of business professional, and not to say that Surf it Local is a better network, it does allow you to not only network, but also conduct business with others through an integrated shopping cart system. So far I have been able to expand my marketing services to other professionals who are also on the network.

Although I agree that free is always better, when you understand what is offered to you as a business owner, the tools that can actually assist, then to me $29.95 per month or even $9.95 per month seems like a pretty good deal. There are no contracts and is a month to month service, so if it stops working for me, then I can always pull the plug no questions asked.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your link with us Gerald.

Do you have any other web presence for DMI Marketing?

How is business going for you?

11. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We just launched a new site actually www.dmimarketing.com

Hope to see some good things come down the pipe

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations on the launch of your new site Arcaign. It looks very professional and excellently designed, on first visit.

I hope it works out well for you and I wish you every success with it.