Think you can, think you can't, you're right! (Henry Ford)

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Chet Cashley, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Chet Cashley

Chet Cashley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

“If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” - Henry Ford (Founder of Ford Motors)

You’ve got to believe that you can do something before you’ll ever let yourself put enough energy into it to be successful. If you don’t believe that you can, you’ll hold back, you’ll make an excuse, you’ll lose focus, and ultimately, you’ll never succeed. When you tell yourself, “I can do this,” something amazing happens in your mind. You stop being afraid to give 100% of your effort. You stop finding reasons why it won’t work, and you start finding reasons why it will. You create the spark that ignites your passion and motivation. When you believe that you can do something, you find a way to do it.

“The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” - Lao Tzu (Chinese philosopher, founder of Taoism)

It’s great to be a big dreamer, but if you spend too much time dreaming to accomplish anything, you’ll never see your dreams materialize. People love to plan because it’s less work than actually doing the work. The best planner in the world will stand no chance against the person who is willing to tackle a task head-on. The first step is the hardest because it’s the most frightening. Before we take the first step, we’re the most apprehensive, the most uncertain, and the most uncommitted. Before we take the first step, there’s still an escape route. Once we have the courage to jump, those apprehensions and uncertainties are released. We’re committed. The second step becomes much easier.

“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” - Muhammad Ali (World Champion boxer)

On the path to success, nobody tells you how many obstacles you’ll have to overcome before you reach the top. You’ve just got to keep going. Attack your obstacles head-on. Don’t let them wear you down. Get them out of the way as soon as they appear, or they’ll become the pebble in your shoe.

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan (Considered the greatest basketball player of all-time, cut from high school basketball team)

You’re going to fail, and it’s going to hurt. When you do, you have two options; you can either give up and run away from success, or you can get back up and try again. All it takes to be successful is getting up one more time than you get knocked down. Failure teaches lessons. What can you do better? Where can you be stronger? How can you be more efficient? The most successful people are those who overcame the most failures.

- Chet Cashley, owner of chetcashley.com