things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Mercourezef, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Mercourezef

Mercourezef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as apposed to things that are pissing you off, and not specifically a victory.

I have to say I have a great boss - fist time in my life I have been so completly happy with my boss.

yesterday, she decides to impliment a new system for my expense reports that now will save me a huge amount of work - not only a huge amount of work, but the day or two of the month with the least pleasant work I do. a typicall expense report for me has 7-10 currencies, mind you, and maybe 200 seperate recepts. she took 95% of my work away. I've been doing these damn reports for 20 years, and nobody has done this for me before.

I am a very happy puppy.

2. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 3 nice bosses.:) Actually, one of my bosses gave me a big raise earlier. That made me happy. Also, I have a boyfriend and a family that loves me so much. My jobs are just fine and I am happy.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm above ground - that's enough to keep me happy most days. :)

I live in a rural area which is surrounded by forests and the most gorgeous countryside. While sometimes I cuss the squirrels for chewing through phone lines or thunderstorms that wreak havoc with our electricity, overall it's fantastic. You can't beat walking out your door and finding deer not ten feet away from you on an early morning. Life is good. :)

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly speaking, I also believe that we should also get rid of everything that makes us sad and get more of what makes us happy. If it's not possible of getting rid of these negative stuff, at least we should minimize it. We couldn't just throw out our in-laws, couldn't we? As for the things we love, I think that we should get more of these. So if money makes you happy, getting a lot of it would definitely make you even more happier.

That's it! I've decided that I'll be happy if I have a million dollars or hundreds of millions of dollars. LOL

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll give you a million dollars if you throw out my in-laws. A win-win situation there. Then everybody's happy! ;) Who says money can't buy happiness? :D

I agree, get rid of the negative stuff to make room for the good!

6. entreator

entreator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats really mean...hehehehe..........

well i am very happy with my life.......I am a student and i am doing my graduation in engg. in a college which is in the himalayan mountains........Its possibly the best place to study.....snowfall,excellent atmosphere,peace tranquility,nice and honest people.It has everything that one would wish for.
    I really love the place and hope i could live in such a place again in my life as this is my last year at college.

7. Tetris

Tetris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finishing college, having kids, being pregnant!:)

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations, when are you due?

9. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mean? me? Never... ;)

That sounds idyllic, entreator. Where do you plan to go when college is finished then? It doesn't sounds like you think you'll still be in that area when graduation rolls around. Any ideas yet?

Congratulations from me too! Wow, you're very busy...how are you managing to juggle all that?