The Workout, Health and Nutrition Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by adamwatsn, Dec 12, 2012.

1. adamwatsn

adamwatsn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to get in shape. But I was blessed with a fast metabolism as a kid and was very active. It has been only in the last few years living this so called "real life" that I have turned into someone unhealthy and in a shape I do not want to be in. I have no clue how to get healthy. I do not know what foods to eat, good exercises and good habits to work into my day to day.

So I am making this thread to gather and share info for anyone else looking to get in shape or just hit a physical goal. Anyone with input please share. This thread is to help encourage me to achieve my goal, and I hope others can set their goals and as a community support each other to reach them. I will update with more info tomorrow.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have also experienced a slowing metabolism as I got older and it is much easier for me to put on weight now than when I was younger. The way I deal with this is being more careful as to what I eat and being disciplined enough to ensure that I get regular exercise.
    Most of us don't have an in-depth knowledge of health and nutrition, however, I'm pretty certain that you have some ideas as to what you could do to make your lifestyle more healthy. For example, you could start walking for a half hour every day, or if you are not ready for that, start walking less and build up slowly. I'm also pretty sure that you could identify some foods you eat, that are not helping you and then make an effort to cut out those foods. You may also be conscious of some foods that you should be eating more of, fruit perhaps, and could start by ensuring that you eat a little bit of that food every day.

Starting with small changes and making slow gradual improvements is the way to go in my opinion.

Good luck with it.