The Viral Secret - List Building Website

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by junglekid, Feb 12, 2010.

1. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are subscribed to a few internet marketers lists your inbox must have been flooded with promotional messages of Russel Brunson's latest launch, "The Viral Secret". Russel has partnered with big IM names like Mike Filsaime, Jeff Dedrick, Tellman Knudson, Ewen Chia and others to launch this list building program which, according to them, "gets thousands of other people to build a huge email list for you".

However there seems to be quite a few different opinions about it.

" You actually caught me at a bad time because I just received an email from someone I thought I trusted and clicked on the link and it was just another pathetic big-name-big-hype-big-promise-no-action guru deal.

By all accounts 6 top ‘gurus’ are going to work their fingers to the bone building our list, for free of course, when it just turns out to be another used car salesman tactic to get you to sign up to 6 lists and hit you with a $100 OTO.

On top of that they are playing the old MLM c**p game of showing how easy it is to grow a huge downline – we’ve all seen this stuff over and over again and I’m really pi**ed!
    " ( Adin Martin, http://www.power8marketing.com/P8blog/?p=70#comments)

"Puhleeze. Same story, different face. These are time wasters and not your BEST option for buildling a REAL list that you OWN.
    Listen, when others come on board to ANYTHING for their own selfish purpose, then how the heck will you benefit from that?
    ----------------The only person who really benefits from this or any other list-building matrix is the one who created it
    ." (David Lovelace, by email)

" I'm rushing this email out to you because I see some emails hitting my inbox talking about a new Viral list building product or service.

Yes, you can build your list and let others build a list under you but it's doesn't really make much business sense.

What if someone under you is building a health-related niche list and you're building technology-related list?

How does that benefit you?

I've seen these services come and go over the years and frankly I think they're all sucker's bets that only really benefit the owners of the program and the "first movers
    "...(Daniel McGonagle, by email)

Since I wanted to test it, I went through the signup process and I can tell you for sure: they try to take your money all the way, all the time.

Once you complete the signup process, which includes signing up for six different marketers newsletters, you are presented with a $97 account upgrade offer. If you don't take it up, they show you a $47 downsell option.

Inside the members area you are informed that you need an Aweber autoresponder and are directed to the signup page through Russel's affiliate link...:)

Also while in your members area you are continuously reminded that you are NOT an upgraded member and showed the upgrade offer almost every time you click on any link.

Just for the record, four out of the six marketers hit you with a sales pitch before sending you any useful information through their newsletters...

Would Adin Martin be right when he stated: " I am sick of seeing people with hopes and dreams being treated as no more than a wallet to be prised open by these patronizing gurus."?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us junglekid, sounds like you are less than happy with your investment. I suppose at the end of the day the main priority of the big names is to make money for themselves. They are expert sales people and copywriters, they can position their offerings in a very attractive manner and make you want to buy into them. Hopefully you will get some value from your initial investment.

3. Carltonbolt

Carltonbolt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The biggest names in internet marketing with the Viral Secret. Mike Filsaime, Tellman knudson, Jeff Dedrick, Keith Wellman, Ewen Chia, and Russell Brunson sent traffic to build my list through this unique system that can do the same for you too.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did it work for you Carltonbolt? Was it profitable?

5. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this: these big names are in there to build their own lists and get subscribers to their newsletters. Plus the $$$...

I suggest that you read this post where there's also interesting comments on the traffic being generated right now.