The value of networking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by djschwab, Oct 6, 2008.

1. djschwab

djschwab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do most of you engage in some kind of networking events relative to helping grow your business? I go to all kinds of events. It allowes me to meet a broad range of people and gain exposure to many different businesses. Networking should be incorporated into your weekly activities as you never know who you might meet that can help your business.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I am involved in a business network that allows me to meet lots of other local business people. It is not only very helpful for business but it is also very enjoyable.

Networking is very important, especially when it allows you to meet your potential customers. A key goal is to have your potential customers associate you as being a key provider and an expert in your own product or service.

For example, if you are a web designer you want your potential customers to automatically think of you, next time they consider a website that they need designed or upgraded. You want them to know that you are in this business, to consider you as an expert in this field and to like and trust you on a personal level.