The Secret Life of Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eurekapsycrille, Nov 23, 2012.

1. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's time for my first SEO thread in this forum and I want to share something that is really interesting (for me).:

I quote:

" It is NOT the links themselves that help to promote the ranking position of a URL, it is the words in the anchor text that used for the link. The link itself simply acts as a pointer or a conduit to the URI where the anchor text weight is to be passed to. First off in the secret life, is that links can an do drive direct traffic (visitors) to your pages, yep, that's right PAGES, not just to your website root document URL (the 'home' page) but to ANY document URI that you want to bring attention to (promote). In actual fact, this is what your prime motivation should be when "link building", that of gaining traffic and increasing the visibility of your pages, it is really not necessary to "build links", to gain rankings, to increase visibility and/or visitors."

Continues at http://webmaster-talk.eu/en/articles/7-website-marketing-and-search/26-links-the-secret-life-of

I assume almost all of us don't really know what "links" really are. Though some have knowledge, there are still some here that know little to nothing about this thing.

Feel free to give your thoughts about it. :D

Cheers!
    Eureka

• Like Like x 1
  2. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many webmaster build link to increase SERP instead of traffic purpose, that is because they are link builder not SEO consultant. They sell links, and not offer a services to monitor site performance, nor promote site branding.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am completely agree with you. They think that SEO is all about link building alone. They also think that search engines are link oriented engines that always rely on the links they find on every website.