The Rice Experiment

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I heard this experiment being discussed on the radio today. The concept is that if two containers of rice are each subjected to different messages, they will deteriorate in different ways. The rice that is subjected to positive images and messages will stay fresh for a lot longer than the rice that is subjected to negative words and images. Have a look at the video below.

Do you believe it?

Anyone like to try the experiment and post back with their results?

[YOUTUBE]KeTTCeqBwjc[/YOUTUBE]

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why? rice grains do not have cognitive abilities. lol

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are almmost the same color expect for the molds. So what is the connection of this experiment in our lifes? Or do they have connection with our lives or something?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The message behind the experiment is that our words and thoughts are very powerful. When we have positive thoughts and words, we are more likely to create positive outcomes. When our words and thoughts are negative we are more likely to attract and create negative outcomes.

5. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

but you didnt mention anything about human input in the intro on your thread

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did you watch the video DaveB? What's your opinion on it?

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Fergal, The result that is posted in the form of Video is certainly very near to fact..I have not Done the experiment but I can tell you that Grains and Pulses do effect by Positive and Negative ...It is known here in India that ancient people use pleasing and calm music to their advantage to affect the grains productivity...An experiment was conducted which also showed the negative results of loud music on grains..

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interesting Scifi, I wonder could the loud music have a negative impact due to physical reasons, such as the impact of the vibrations from that music?

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah..Fergal..Loud Music does have negative effect on human beings as well as established in many scientific researches all over the world.. Since plants also do have some kind of dynamic mechanism of sustainability, it affects them too...:D

As you can see when you hear a kind of sooth and calm music , you tends to find yourself more relax...There are people in the market who are even selling music that is said to soothes your mind.. Raj bopanna in India is one of them..

10. Rene

Rene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That´s very interesting. The positive and negative emotions do affect us big time.
    Have you seen movie "The Secret" or read the book - basically the same thing, our thoughts, wishes and emotions will affect our life.
    (Thanks Fergal and scifi those interesting thoughts)

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've got a copy of "The Secret" but I haven't read it yet. Have you read it Rene, what did you learn from it?

12. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That makes a lot of sense. If everyone of us knows the effect from one person to another, the negativity outlook of one person to another then i think we will live a very peaceful and having a great outcome in this chaotic world. We must have to learn being sensitive or insensitive so that we can view the effect or the impact of those actions to others. nice one Fergal. ;)

13. vivaclean

vivaclean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is like when one is surrounded by positive people, one gets more positive and the other way round.

14. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31shlv5Z71A

Could there be something else involved beside thoughts?

Were both bottles and caps completely sterile? Just a bit of a finger print could have introduced bacteria into the "Hate" container.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good point. I actually have doubts about this experiment and have thought more about it since I first posted the video. The world needs bacteria to decompose waste, so perhaps what is happening in the "Hate" jar, is actually more positive than what is happening in the "Love" jar?