the reason you don't buy goods on this site?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by haiwin, Jan 26, 2010.

1. haiwin

haiwin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello, every one
    I have runned this necktie shop online www.haiwin-necktie.com for nearly one year. there are more than 1000 styles available in shop now .quanlity is very good and the price is low (most of ties are priced $15) however, business is not good. there are only about 20 buyers place orders monthly. I am wondering whether ties are still necessary nowadays. if more and more people wear T-shirt,instead of shirt+ties in office, is it wise to stop further investment on this website?

I also want to know if there are other reasons why people are not willing to buy goods from my website.

I will appreicate any suggestion from you.

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon the office whether ties and shirt are compulsion.

Your site is actually very good looking and worth to buy. However, your customers are low in number due to lack of advertisements and people knowing less about the site.

I believe you need to invest your site advertisement. That may help you in adding customers.

3. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

haiwin

when ever i try buying any thing online...! i do lot search ( and i buy lot stuff online)

few thing which i look @ is

is the website popular or not...!

and what is reputation of the website ...!

is website secured or not (https:)

and who owns the website

this is what i look @

i am doing lot market research past few months

let me say u what majority of the buyer look @

look @ advertisement ( like adword etc ) and recommendation from popular website or blogger

and they look @ your logo and design of ur website

and the payment mode

and shipment charges

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your site looks great and very professional. Unfortunately your name is probably not well known and this is a very difficult obstacle to overcome. One thing you can do is include testimonials from previous clients on your site, that will give potential customers some reassurance that they will receive their ties after placing an order and making payment.

Unfortunately for you, less people do wear ties nowadays, even people who wear a smart shirt and suit, will often leave the tie off, when at work. Plus you have expenditure cut backs due to the recession. However, many still do wear them and if enough people see and trust your professional site they will buy.

What kind of traffic has your site been getting?

How have you been promoting it to date?

5. haiwin

haiwin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for your review. suggestion from buyers are very valuable

6. haiwin

haiwin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

currrently ,there are only 30-50 unique visitors /day
    most are from google.com , email promoting

7. Nathan

Nathan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

20 monthly costumers isn't a bad number IMO. However I don't think a lot of people fancy ties anymore, however this doesn't mean you should close the site, maybe just expand on it or leave it open and generating income from the 20 monthly buyers and create another site based around something else and make double the income spread across the 2 sites?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's the main reason you are not getting many sales from your site, your traffic is very low. You need to look at ways to increase your search engine rankings and traffic to your site, if you want to sell more from it.

For a start have a look at some of our Featured SEO & Website Promotion threads and then ask any further questions you have here and we will do our best to help you out.

9. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are some suggestions to increase traffic to your website:

1. Start a blog (http://www.haiwin-necktie.com/blog) and regularly post some fashion/dressing tips. Ping and social bookmark each post. Submit RSS feed to feed directories like feedping, feedest, feedage and others.
    I would also recommend opening a Twitter account using "haivin-necktie" as username for promoting the blog and your site.

2. Use the power of videos: upload a few interesting videos to Youtube with links to your website.

3. Place as many ads as you can on classified ads sites. (Don't forget craigslist)

4. Submit your site to Link Directories.

5. Search for active fashion/dressing forums and become a member. Use Google or go to www.BigBoards.com to find them.

6. Do some offline promotion through cards, posters, stickers, fliers. Consider low-cost newspaper advertising too.