The pr is declined how to retrieve?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, Nov 14, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The pr is declined how to retrieve?
    One of my website' pr is declined in last pr update,what should I do to retrieve it? What will my website probably happen after the pr update?
    Thanks!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Most SEO professionals will tell you not to concentrate too much on your site's PR (Page Rank), since it really not a major factor in your site's pr (position in the SERP's). I mention this because some people still believe that increasing a website's PR (Page Rank) will increase their pr (position in the SERP's), confusing PR with pr. If you do the website's SEO properly, the PR should take care of itself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do agree with Joeroxx and would like to clear important point he discussed:

Here there is huge different between PR & SERP (it will be easier to call pr - SERP).

PR = Page Rank (Google algorithmic rang given by Google out of 10 - Green Bar in Google toolbar)
    SERP = Search engine result page (rank of your website in Google search result)

As mentioned by Joeroxx, PR is not that much important but still one of the ranking factors amongst more than 200. If you will focus on quality content and thematic back links; your website will automatically gain good PR.

All the best

• Like Like x 1
  4. larryfinch

larryfinch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was confused about PR and pr before, as guys have said you should foucs on your content and backlink building, you will get PR natrually.

5. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your opinions!I think what I really need to do is to focus on good content now

6. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should be focus on good and quality content and do back links with high PR sites.

7. tacticalsales

tacticalsales
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content marketing is fast becoming a great way to build backlinks and awareness of your blog/site.

Do it effectively and the audience numbers will shoot up however you do need to focus on quality content.

The PR comes in the long run but focus on the content ahead of PR as long tail searches tend to be the majority of entries onto your site.

8. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Analysis your link quality and quantity. I hope you have bad link which gives the bad link juice to your site. In the return ranking or PR gone deceases.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I hope you didn't actually mean to say what you did. It's not really good business practice to tell any businessperson that you want them to do things that would be detrimental to their business, and is definitely not appropriate here.

10. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good content + quality links !!

As 100s of links from different anchor text will not really help in organic search rank improvement (avoid generating such links as you did in your forum signature)

11. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just continue building backlinks to your website. But just like jeroxx has said, focusing on PR will surely bring you into a life-sucking abyss in SEO. So better to put your efforts in making your pages for users of search engines - not for search engines alone.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with your last point,

If you built your website for visitors, search engine will definitely love it.