The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by sapett, Jun 9, 2015.

1. sapett

sapett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business is a book by Charles Duhigg, a New York Times reporter. Published in February 2012 by Random House, it explores the science behind habit creation and reformation. The book has reached the best seller list for The New York Times, Amazon.com, and USA Today. The book was long listed for the Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award 2012.

Has anyone read or heard of The Power of Habit? I am about halfway through the book. It is very interesting! I have definitely reevaluated habits in my life, and developed plans to change some bad ones.

2. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the share, first time I hear about this book but it sounds like it's worth reading. From my own experiences with business I can definitely relate with this. I had to quickly adopt healthy habits and other daily rituals to ensure that I stay on top of things. I found that it's best to tackle the more challenging duties in the morning, as this is the time I had the most energy and focus. After that was done, I would reply to all emails and calls and ensure I had ongoing rapport with my clients. During the afternoons I would attend meetings and do planning work, I followed this routine almost religiously and it helped me to succeed.

3. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I probably would want to get that book, just to see what that particular writer brings to the table in explaining habits.

Habits generally are what helps most people stick to various things, and not get burdened by other things that may get in the way. I know I need to start working on a few habits to make my life better.