The Phone for the future?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by youbetcha1018, Jan 4, 2010.

1. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You guys gotta see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq2A6bi_sDE

The new Pomegranate NS08 Phone is the ultimate all-in-one device, including a HD projector, global voice translator, coffee brewer, harmonica and electric razor.

Of course the Pomegranate is not real, but actually a clever ad campaign for Nova Scotia, promoting tourism to “a place that has everything”.

2. timothy1238

timothy1238
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow what a phone. never thought such a phone will ever be manufactured. Brilliant phone, fantastic design.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The day will come when phones can provide all of this exciting functionality. However, for the moment it is a fiction and the Pomegranate does not exist. It is a promotional technique being used to promote Nova Scotia, you can view the website here.

4. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even if it was real, it wouldn't be that good. Yes you can do all of that, but does it really matter? The actual phone side of things will be very basic and you will only be able to get about one coffee out of it and it would cost quite a lot of money to get the battery to keep it going with all them things.

I personally think the iPhone is the best phone out there by far, and there probably won't be a real phone to beat it in a long time. :p

5. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Fergal: Uhmmmm, I think I read one comment about this phone that he saw this on TV and it is worth $5,000!!!
    @Keaton: I agree. iPhone is the BEST phone so far, I own one and a BB Storm (given by my bf). I also watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuEerMCAlx0, which gave a good comparison for both phones.

6. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a great fictional idea for mobile phones, but for sure if that turns into reality, it will cost so much that only few people can afford it.

I'm still very happy with my mobile phone.

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We've already seen mobile phone operating as mini computer. What do we need more than this?
    Mobile = Computer, that may be the last point I want to see.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I know the phone linked in the posts above is fictional, but wouldn't it be great if a phone had those projector abilities? You could make presentations anywhere, just by bringing your phone, you could view TV on a large "screen" just by having your phone.

Not only could your phone replace small gadgets you carry with you, such as a camera and diary, your phone could become your stereo, TV, DVD, laptop / PC, projector, etc. I'm sure it will happen some day.

9. foreverest

foreverest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mobile = Computer it will be as smart as possible oneday

10. morie

morie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think it will smarter than human,,

11. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That phone is not possible. Though some movies that feature the future like "avatar", it is still not possible for an electronic device like that to serve liquid.

12. onealgrambal

onealgrambal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me just how quickly technology advances. Today I heard about the Pomegranate NS08 Smartphone by Pomegranate & it looks nothing short of amazing.
    At first, I thought that the Pomegranate Phone was just another hyped up phone release, but after learning about it’s features, such as it being aphone, razor/shaver, coffee maker, projector and harmonica, I still can’t even believe it.
    And of course, it also has all the features of a good mobile phone, with an mp3 player, mp4 player, camera and gps.
    I can’t really image someone fully utilizing all the features of the Pomegranate NS08 Smartphone, but it’s still an amazing item none-the-less. I want to clarify that no such device actually existent. :confused:

13. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i'm afraid it will kill some businesses and forcing them to quit instead of competing Pomegranate. :D

14. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow! is that phone really exist? I don't think so. But really cool.

15. enriqbell

enriqbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i saw the video and i am really amazed by it. Even after watching it, its hard for me to believe that a phone can make a coffee as well. But the looks of the phone are really impressive and are very eye catching. Its reall a phone of a future and i'll be glad that if they can actually make that phone with those features.

16. MarySmith

MarySmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

17. haramarcuse

haramarcuse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is amazing. If this thing really exist, this must be very expensive. But with all the advancement in technology right now, time will come for this to become real.

18. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow! mind boggling.translator,coffee maker, shaving machine,harmonica and what not.yes it can also be used as a phone :D

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did you notice that it's a joke? The phone doesn't really exist, not yet anyway.

20. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

jajajajjaja I had to laugh at this.