The New Ipad

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by patrick0001, Mar 8, 2012.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. WarStopper

WarStopper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just do not like apple products end of. So I will not buy it but it is good to see a somewhat update for Apple's iPad.

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ipad 2 is drop from $499 to $399 (refer apple store), for those who have budget constrain they can consider ipad 2.

5. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would love one but it out of my price range at the moment. I do love Apple's products but they are pretty expensive but I suppose you have to pay more for quality products :(

6. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality? Apple? :dunno:

The New iPad is pretty laughable as all they did is add a retina display and HD camera. Who names a product "The New ____" ?

Also, I assure you Apple is not quality, as much as the unrealistic price may convince you so.

7. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree 'The New iPad' wasn't a great move, but honestly, what are you basing your opinion of the quality of their products on? Do you own any Apple products? Are you unhappy with the quality?

I have to say I own 3 Apple products and i'm very happy with all. I have owned Windows PCs in the past and wouldn't go back (but my point is not the difference between windows and Mac). I understand and appreciate they are perhaps a little more expensive than other brands, but what you get in return is an exceptional user experience.

8. stdonexus

stdonexus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm surprised that anyone would put down the ipad; I have an ipad1 and I love it. Generally I prefer windows PCs to Mac computers, but as far as tablets go, my ipad is better than cheaper options that friends have purchased.

9. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree that calling a marginally improved iPad 2 the "The New iPad" seems silly. What are they going to call the next version? The New New iPad? The Newest iPad?

10. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The "New Ipad"? I think it sounds a lil lame. That's just me.

11. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not a fan I take it?

I have had an iPod Touch for a couple of years and it is a great device, easy to use, nice interface and had very few problems with it. Having played with an iPad2 on quite a few occasions, I absolutely love them... even my Dad can use it! Personally I see them as quality products and worth the extra money although unfortunately I don't have any extra money at the moment otherwise I would probably would buy an iPad (probably an iPad 2 as they would be cheaper).

12. Gamrpro

Gamrpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not really a fan of the iPads but this one does look nice. I'm looking forward to different apple products. :D

13. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what I gather, they are trying to distance the iPad from smartphones, and instead of number they devices they intend to move closer to what generally happens with PCs and even iMacs. I think they believe tablets will take over from desktops and want to brand them as simply 'iPad'.

14. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get the same quality products from less than half the price. Just because they look a bit better doesn't mean they are worth 3x what they should be. I got an HP Laptop with 4GB RAM, 320 GB HDD and Dual Core AMD E-350 Processors. My friend got a MacBook Pro for $1.2k and it came with 160 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM and 1 Core Intel Core i3..

15. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get the same quality products from less than half the price. Just because they look a bit better doesn't mean they are worth 3x what they should be. I got an HP Laptop with 4GB RAM, 320 GB HDD and Dual Core AMD E-350 Processors. My friend got a MacBook Pro for $1.2k and it came with 160 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM and 1 Core Intel Core i3..

My laptop was $350.

16. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can see no matter what I say you're fairly anti-Apple so i'm not going to bother trying, but I didn't say anything about them being worth more because 'they look a bit better'.

17. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wasn't implying that you had mentioned it, but I guess I shouldn't have said "Just because.."

I'm usually open minded but when it comes to Apple, I just have too many reasons to not like them.

18. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fair enough, and just for the record the main reason why most people buy and stick to Apple after switching from a PC is the ease-of-use, though that may change with Windows8.

19. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm.. probably. I like the Windows interface much better though because it's very customizable whereas OS X is not.

Windows 8 will be amazing once touchscreen computers become popular.

20. carrington

carrington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to wait until the price drops. The thing with apple...whenever they come out w/something new...the price drops considerably after 5-6 months and people end up feeling like they've overpaid.

i don't mind waiting, personally.