The nano - MY CAR

Discussion in 'Business Advice, Questions & Discussion' started by silent_thunder, Sep 13, 2008.

1. kaustavk666

kaustavk666
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    i am not sure the pricing will be able to compete with the nano though, it looks superb, superbs, but $2k , is still difficult to make a car in!
    and the most important thing regarding such cars, is the fuel efficiency, 20km/l , will any other car be able to match that in that price range, ?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $48
    It's a hoax, read some of the earlier posts and this thread.

3. Lalucochin

Lalucochin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I have booked for my Nano Car. I am waiting for the arrival. Some news about a car in Bangalore going to be released at 80,000 Rupees.

4. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Damn, I was thinking about counting my pennies to get that Renault for my wife. It looks pretty sweet, but a bit too girly for me.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $48
    Yes it does look nice. Too good to be true I suppose.

6. neo235

neo235
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    The onroad price of nano is expected to be around 1.25 lacks

7. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Small cars are getting in demand nowadays. My friends own a Picanto (if I'm not mistaken). She told me that small cars has better gas mileage, easier to maneuver, easy to handle and most of all low price.:)

#47 youbetcha1018, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $48
    As the recession takes hold and people are becoming more conscious of the environment it is also becoming cooler to own a smaller car. Some people are even a little embarrassed to purchase a large new car when people around them are experiencing pay cuts and becoming more aware of the detrimental effects that big cars have on the environment.

9. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0

i am form Bangalore.....the car cost around 150,000 Rupees (3000$) on road price
    it's 125,000 Rupees (2500$)ex showroom price and 100,000 Rupees (2000$)ex factory price

booking has all ready closed and they were suppose to deliver first batch of car on 25 june due to some problems they have postpone it few day
    all ready 250,000 + car have bean booked .....majority of the cars are top version which cost around 225,000+ Rupees (4500$+)

and next booking will start only in 2010

over all the car is good...
    top version is really good (for its cost )

but few problems ....no power staring ...power window is there but only driver can mange it .....and autorickshaw sound

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $48
    Good for the Nano, demand is greater than supply, a nice position to be in. They may well manage this by increasing the price, if they can't increase the supply.

11. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Hi simplyjo
    You may not be impress by the Tata Nano just because of its looks only but what I think that this is car is the cheapest car in the Indian market so the first thing matter is price then any other thing matter. Now Tata Nano Hybrid will be launched soon which will be having more impressive features with more fuel efficient so I think all this things are enough to over look the "looks" of Nano.

12. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    In that item, it furthermore cited that thousands of protesters who are comprised of mostly ranchers, enclosed the plant. They're alleging that the land for the manufacturer location has been forcibly taken by the government from localized ranchers without any compensation.

13. jackthomsan

jackthomsan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    question

I've heard that a new Tato Nano car has recently been on sale for £1000. Will this effect the environment becauase so many people will get it?

14. GlobalConsult

GlobalConsult
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I am not sure what the big deal about the Nano really is -- the car is a good idea but the reality of building a small car and further cut features / functions from there is quite bad. The NANO is lacking many of the necessary capabilities that make a car be useful and safe. There are certain limitations and tradeoffs that need to be made in the design and manufacture of any product, but the NANO pushed the tradeoffs too much in favor of low-cost/cheap that resulted in a vehicle which I think is marginal in value (considering all aspects of a car -- safety, performance, pleasure, utility). I have summarized some further ideas in this blog post:

15. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I had thought to buy recently Nano but afraid of the small car whether it is suitable or not. I will definitely look this time Hybrid car. Does some body post those who bought their nano cars and how do they feel.

16. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Hi youbetcha1018
    Ya you are right now a days there is trend of small cars most of the car manufacturing company are launching new cars in small section as they are easy to drive, park and handle and even small cars have better fuel efficiency. Now many small cars also to be launched in hybrid version like Tata will be launching its Tata Nano Hybrid which will be electric car.

17. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Hi deepak_sharma

These low cost cars had fulfilled the dreams of many middle class people who had not even imagine to have four wheeler in their entire life but Tata had fulfilled their dream. Now coming to traffic point these small cars need small space as compare to other cars and can be easily parked one more thing if these cars need to take the U turn they just move in one try but the big cars have to try for 2 -3 time then they are able to take U turn.

One pollution point Tata Nano is launching its hybrid version in 2012 it will be electric car. So I think pollution problem will also be solve. I had seen many new cars which were from the small hatch back section that they care getting very good feed back and demand.

18. B2Bexpert

B2Bexpert
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Money:
    $0
  19. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Hi B2Bexpert
    See I am not getting what you want to say here in you r post. can you please say it in detail.

20. alex31

alex31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    alex31

hi,
    you might think what is so speacial but making a car for 2500 is special. Big companies like ford and suzuki are now catching with the low cost innovation and production skills used by tata for producing such remarkable results. Nano will be available from this october for sales.It is a car for the people, it provides millions of indian families an affordable safe travelling option. I rate this innovative product from TATA the best for the decade for its immense potential in directly improving the standard of living for millions of middleclass indians. Nano will also be available in sout east asian and african countries where this car is eagerly awaited.