The nano - MY CAR

Discussion in 'Business Advice, Questions & Discussion' started by silent_thunder, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    The World's Cheapest Car Debuts in India

The Nano - the world's cheapest car, has finally arrived.

I'd have to agree with the statement made by Tata above that the Nano couldn not have come at a better time. With the automobile industry currently on a slump because of the recession, do you also think the same way as me that the Nano will become a success?

Read more on the Nano's debut.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    What an affordable price. Although it will probably be much more expensive when sold in Europe and the US.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Although It will cost near about Rs.1,29,000 on road but the price will be valid for only first 100,000 units of Nano & then it will go into reconsideration....
    However good point is that currently you can get your self a NANO by booking it in Rs.2999 or near about $62 & the rest of the amount can be financed through the National banks..!!!:)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    You need to be careful with finance offers like that. You should not forget that the money still has to be paid back.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I think it is the best deal, Bank which is giving finance is nationalized & there are financing options till 7 years with interest ranging between 11-12.5%...price of the car is 1,29,000 or $2580 for only 1st 100,000 units & then it is the golden chance for people to own a car they can call theirs...!!!!:)
    With this one can easily pay back the money...

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Isn't 11-12.5% interest for 7 years too big? If you apply for car loans here in SG, the interest per annum is only about 6-8%. I don't know about the banks in India but I was under the impression that it should almost be the same. Maybe you should check around if other banks there are offering better financing options Scifi.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Yeah car loans rate in India are not the same ..Infact the rates I have mentioned are among lowest when compared to what being offered by others private sector banks too..
    Infact you can check yourself too ..interest rates on car loan
    You are quite lucky that car loan rates in your country are at such a low..GR8..:)

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    You shouldn't underestimate the expense of interest costs. @12% a $100 loan costs you $12 every single year, and that's interest only, it doesn't include paying back the actual loan.

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Yeah $12 expense is not quite a lot when you can go for up gradation from two vehicle segment to four wheeler..It only costs you $1/month extra & you have your own car ..A car which is more secure than two wheeler...Moreover Finance is provided by a nationalized bank..Car is also from TATA- a company of repute....So it is a complete package with quality & value for money both..:)

10. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I saw the car myself, it was on a test drive on the highway, it sounds exactly like bike and not like car.

I was surprised how spacious the car was, it was literally as big as indigo. Looks like a normal car, but the car is value for money. It wll never clear the european safety norms or fuel norms but that doesnt make this car inferior for what it has to offer for 1 lakh rupees is amazing. You cant compare a 8 lakh car with 1 lakh... You just cant

But be prepared for traffic chaos lolz.. Tata Nano - People's Dream

11. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I am from India where NANO is launched. Personally, I am not a big fan of Nano. I don't like compact cars and being a female, I go for looks and NANO is quite sad looking. However, at this price, it makes owing a car affordable for all - But do we really need more traffic jams on Indian roads ? JEEZ !!!

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    Maybe you need better roads?

Has India had much investment in your road infrastructure in recent years?

13. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    India has made it priority since last few years to develop infrastructure to the max. possible, & also had achieve it to some extent..Some more big projects are in line such as golden quadrilateral highway projects etc..Here is a glimpse of some statistics ..
    Construction is the second largest economic activity in India. Investment in construction accounts for nearly 11% of India’s GDP & nearly 50% of its Gross Fixed Capital Formation. In the 11th Indian Five Year Plan for the period 2007-2012, the proposed construction budget is about Rs. 140,000 crores ($370 billion).

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    Thanks for the info Scifi. Investment in roads is an important factor for future economic growth and development.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.

15. CLSbrunette

CLSbrunette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I think that the Tata Nano given more value on its car at a the very low price tag. It has a very low fuel consumption and is very affordable. I think this is one way of boosting competition among car manufacturers. I hope that this would encourage a lot of car manufacturers to be more innovative with their products and provide products which would cater to both the rich and the needy.

16. Superbs

Superbs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    There's a number of car makers lined up to give a tough competition to TATA Nano

Mahindra-Renault Yeni is one such car
    [​IMG]

17. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    The nano is going to start selling in Thailand pretty soon. I know Tata is opening a factory in Chonburi, but I am sure it is going to be a lot more expensive over here. Cars here are always considered a luxury item by the government and taxed accordingly.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    The Renault Yeni was previously discussed here. Apparently it's a hoax.

Likewise in Ireland, cars are much more expensive here than in most European countries. The EU is actually bringing a legal challenge against the amount of tax the Irish Government charges on cars. If the the EU action is successful we should see much cheaper cars here.

19. manish0109

manish0109
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    According to me its vakow.com. It was also referred for the prize of Best Startup in India. However the website is down from past 5-6 months i.e they are not sending SMSs :p but when it was started it gains 100 thousand customers in one month.

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Money:
    $46
    manish0109, I'nm not sure that I understand your post. What relevance has vakow got to this thread?