The Million Dollar Question

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by armanvakili, Jan 6, 2011.

1. armanvakili

armanvakili
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many great questions asked on this forum and I love reading them all... but I thought I'd throw one out there and see the kinds of responses I'll get.

This is something that has been driving me nuts for the last few years... cause I still haven't gotten a DEFINITE answer for it. So, help me out if you can. ;)

Here it goes... I've been involved with several different businesses in my life, but the main premise of them all have been educating people in either finance or business growth. And I've gotten paid some very good money for doing this type of consulting.

At first, I was positive that because of the fact that my clients were paying me so much money, they would apply everything they learned from me and skyrocket to success.

But the more and more consulting I did, the more and more I noticed that virtually 90% of the people that I consulted... NEVER USED THE INFORMATION I GAVE THEM.

I couldn't believe it... they paid SO much money... money that they DIDN'T have... and they STILL didn't apply the information?!

The 10% of people that DID apply the information, however, went on to double, triple and sometimes quadruple their business in the next year.

So here's the Million Dollar Question... What is it about that 10% of people who actually applied the information that made them want to do it?

You can't say desire... because both groups have tremendous desire. If they didn't, they would have never searched to find me.

So what is it?

A BIG cookie is going to go to the person who gives the best answer! :D

Looking forward to reading all the responses!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum armanvakili, thanks for joining and posting such an interesting question as your first post. I believe that the biggest difference between those who succeed and those who don't is action. Successful people take action. Why do some people take action and others don't? Different people have different reasons for not acting and these reasons include the following;

• Laziness
    • Fear of failure
    • Embarrassment
    • Not ready to succeed, perhaps don't believe they are worthy of success
    • Lack of self confidence - don't believe they can do it
    • An unwillingness to move outside their comfort zone
    • A belief that they know best resulting in an inability to take advice from others
    • Indecisiveness - either unwilling or unable to make a decision as to what to do next
    • Lack of commitment
    • Lack of courage to do what they really want to do.

3. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing I thought of was belief and timing. Perhaps they weren't/aren't ready to believe in a solution that you presented to them. Maybe in 6 months down the road they will choose to open their minds to the truth of what they need to do and apply the principles and techniques you gave them.

Make no mistake however that they did infact get their moneys worth as the lessons and principles you presented will always be with them. Its like buying a chocolate bar that you plan on eating later.