The Many Benefits of Hiring Virtual Assistants

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Remotestaff, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are virtual personal assistant & marketing assistants?

What exactly is a Virtual Assistant? These people are actually an independent outsourced professional who provides ongoing administrative support to business owners. They are experts in administrative functions and they can help streamline your business by introducing systems and processes to upgrade the business workflow and have cost-effective operations.

There are certain kinds of Online Virtual Assistants that can be employed depending on the requirements of your business – Virtual marketing assistants or a Virtual personal assistants. Each one could be effective in organizing a calendar, clearing out an email inbox, handle web site maintenance, and communicate with clients and prospective clients – the usual secretarial services that you can also expect from a local staff.

Let your virtual personal assistant or marketing assistant lighten your office burden!

Your virtual personal assistant and marketing assistant can act as your virtual admin assistant, online receptionist or online assistant, your secretarial staff, web marketer your staff secretary and the likes. These virtual personal assistant and marketing assistants can provide all your needs on virtual assistant services, secretarial services, personal assistant services, offices services and can even be your researcher staff and your chat operator!

The functions usually outsourced to virtual marketing assistants or virtual personal assistants are:

1. Replying to emails;
    2. Conduct of research;
    3. Organizing schedule;
    4. Live chat operator;
    5. And secretarial functions such as –
    1. Resolve customer query;
    2. Research solution for customer issues;
    3. Take care of service contract renewals and changes;
    4. Process order and order validation and price checking;
    5. Validate commission details;
    6. Check terms and conditions of contracts;
    7. Receive orders
    8. Shipping
    9. Take care of service operations

An online virtual assistant should have at least a comfortable home office equipped with a computer with broadband internet access, a fax phone if available and a VOIP account. Sometimes, offshore employees themselves provide virtual personal assistant with paid accounts of VOIP or voice over internet phone, so that they can handle calls with clients easily.

Why outsource a Virtual personal assistant or marketing assistants?

Business Process Outsourcing Providers or BPO companies now include Virtual Marketing Assistant, Online Virtual Assistants and Virtual Personal Assistant to provide services to large and even small businesses and help them organize secretarial services. Online virtual assistants may work in a home office for businesses across the globe. Communication with clients could be made via email, phone or instant messaging. Technology and globalization is making it easier and cheaper to work virtually in an organization.

One major advantage of having a virtual personal assistant or virtual marketing assistant is the low labor cost compared to hiring a local secretary. Pay ranges from $10 to $45 per hour depending on experience and their expertise. In some cases though, virtual personal assistant may require a retainer upfront depending on the kind and size of project to be completed.

Want to find your perfect Virtual Personal Assistants and Marketing Assistants? Send me a private message and I'll help you find him/her.

2. kaila

kaila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i must agree that virtual assistants are making our jobs easier and faster. though, sometimes they are underpaid and for how many months they are working they do not receive a raise, so sometimes if you are a virtual asst, you are just that, you have a limited chance of being promoted.

3. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In addition, virtual assistant is not given enough attention by clients but they are receiving much work. That is what i notice to my virtual assistant friend.

4. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are a lot of benefits of hiring a virtual assistant.

A virtual assistant actually performs almost all jobs for the boss.
    I am personally working for many companies as VA and PA and its a quite difficult job. managing so many task at the same time is really difficult.

5. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to hear that. In an ideal set-up, most clients treat their virtual assistants as if they're an extension of their own local team, thus they invest more time collaborating/communicating with the virtual assistant. This type of working relationship is built on mutual trust and confidence -- and often results in boosted productivity and faster yields in the resources the client invested from the onset. If you don't mind me asking, what type of business/industry does the client (whom your virtual assistant friend works with) belong in?

Would you mind if I ask what industries do your clients' businesses belong in?

Also, would you mind sharing what sort of tasks do you typically do for your client/s?

Thanks

6. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I source all my workers from the Phillipines it works well. We source them from onlinejobs.ph or bestjobs.ph (from memory) It is important that you have structure/prodcedures in place so it make them easier to monitor/manage

Regards

Jo

7. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jo,

That's good to hear. Workers from the Philippines, in my experience, are more dependable and more fluent in their English speaking, written and comprehending skills.

How often do you source out/subcontract virtual staff, if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps my company can be of service to your staffing needs sometime soon.

Do let me know. Cheers :)

8. david.delaney

david.delaney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This was really helpful! I was actually wondering if I should start hiring a virtual assistant. It was filled with great information!
    Thanks

David

9. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Remotestaff,

I am looking to recruit a new staff member for my business every 1/2 months if we keep growing at the same rate as we are.

Why don't we go through the process online and show everyone how simple it is and share the results i get from the new staff member?

Regards

Jo

10. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Virtual assistants sound like a great idea in this day and age but I wouldn't envy being one myself due to low wages brought about by globalisation.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Many people would naturally feel that way. However, becoming a Virtual Assistant provides opportunities for people in developing countries to earn an income and gain quality business / work experience, that they otherwise would not have.

12. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jo,

That sounds wonderful. I'll send you a private message shortly afterwards, and propose details how we can get the process moving forward.

Cheers.

13. Infinit-O

Infinit-O
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's good to know that people are becoming more open about the potential benefits they can get out of outsourcing. It's difficult when people assume outsourcing is bad, without first weighing the costs over the benefits. What is essential, I believe is employing the right people (and paying them adequately, I might add).

14. whitney01

whitney01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi ma'am,

can you hire me also as one of your worker? what is your messenger id ma'am?

thanks!

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

whitney01 you can view details of the Original Poster's job vacancies and how to apply here. You could also advertise your services in our Member Ads and Marketplace section.

16. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, Fergal. Appreciate your sharing the link.

17. susanbekar

susanbekar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our jobs are made easier and faster with the help of virtual assistants. However, if you are a virtual assistant, promotion will be hard.

#17 susanbekar, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  18. denial

denial
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The emergence of virtual assistants is making jobs faster and easier. Most of the companies in the online market are utilizing its benefits by opting for such assistants.

19. trepedat.clarizz

trepedat.clarizz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone,

My name is Clarizze and I am a virtual personal assistant (VPA). As a virtual personal assistant I work with a variety of organisations as their outsourced admin and PA support.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to participating on these forums. If someone needs service please pm me.

Thank you.

20. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

you are promoting your business....