The Life As An Internet Marketer

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ShawnLim, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I would like to know is there any full-time internet marketer here?
    If there is any, please share how you live your life with me.

I mean, I'm going into internet marketing full-time, so I would like
    to know what you do daily. Thanks. :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I probably wouldn't be described as an Internet Marketer but as I'm sure some people have noticed I've been spending more and more time working on Business Advice Forum. My time is prioritized as follows;

1. Posting and contributing on the forum (I view this as the single most important thing I do)
    2. Working on forum structure, layout, design, etc
    3. Working on SEO and promoting BAF
    4. Completing a plan for BAF in terms of marketing strategy, our target market, future direction, etc.
    5. Participating on other business communities
    6. Educating myself on technical areas such as HTML, vBulletin and PHP (probably about 2-3hrs per week).
    Good luck on your journey Shawn. Please keep us updated on your progress and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Feel free to promote your sites or other services in our Member Ads forum. I for one make an extra effort to support members who advertise there.

3. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

All depends on what are of marketing you plan on getting into. The life will vary according to the tasks that need to be completed. Over all it is easy comfortable work, beating out most of the regular jobs I have held in my life. A few were more fun than IM, but, didn't pay as well.

4. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys, thanks for your suggestion.

I'm trying to go full time as an affiliate for like, maybe 2 or 3 months.
    I like internet marketing especially affiliate marketing.
    So if my internet business is using affiliate marketing as the model, what kind of
    schedule will I have then?

Fergal, I really can see that you're spending most of your time in this forum.
    I know you want to improve it, do you have any other income streams from the internet?
    Do you mind me to ask, did you make any money from this forum?
    Well, maybe you're just doing for your passion and not monetizing it.
    But I guess one day you'll monetize it...

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with ti, most of your time will be spent selecting affiliates, building sites, creating content, promotion and link building through blogs and forums etc. Don't forget to analyse results to measure what activities are earning you money and which activities take up a lot of your time without making a return.

I have a couple of small projects that generate a very small level of income, but my main focus is on Business Advice Forum. I'm passionate about our community and I very much enjoy working on it. My plan is to build the site until we are the largest and most user-friendly personal success and business forum on the Internet, without focusing on revenue for the time being.

6. Andi21

Andi21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I am professional internet marketer. I work for forums, websites and myself.

My working steps are: I send request emails to website and companies and if they are interested, details and price list. If all goes good, they buy advertising and pay me or websites pay me for my done work.