The latest google slap

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by clickfund, Oct 14, 2012.

1. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did anyone else get hit with this latest update by Google? I was top 3 for hundreds of keywords and lost 70% of traffic. Now the results in my niche are AWFUL. Big keywords returning 6 30 second you tube videos in top 10, spammy sites etc. Any thoughts, or maybe Big G still shifting?

2. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no news about update. It may be a normal fluctuation

3. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lot"s of news Cutts tweeted on 28th and said was EMD update but later admitted was major penguin update at same time. SearchEngineLand has tons of people talking about it. The results in my niche now are horrible

• Like Like x 1
  4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

EMD (exact domain match) is the latest slap by the Google which affect on my site. That is annoying. :(

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, I have what I think is a very good site and it appears to have been hit pretty hard. Yes, it is an EMD but it has more than 80 pages of original content and many quality inbound links. Any algorithm change that would affect my site is not very carefully tailored to address the problem that Google said it was targeting. I suspect that despite their talk of "thin content" and "low quality", they simply slapped EMDs pretty much across the board.