The Lasting Impression of Promotional Items

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by kellihenson, Oct 17, 2011.

1. kellihenson

kellihenson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This might sound ridiculous, but I was organizing my office supplies and came across several pens that I have received in the last several years that have companies’ logos, information, slogans, etc. written on them—promotional pens. Some were of good quality; others were of poor quality. Some were comfortable to write with; others I wouldn’t mind giving away to a poor college student in dire need of a writing utensil. Having a knack for writing content, I decided this would be a good topic to write about.

Businesses spend a monumental amount of money on different types of advertising—billboards, brochures, mailers, websites, signs, banners, etc. An excellent form of advertising is promotional items.

Promotional items can be tailored to the customers or clients of a specific business. For example, I received a tooth-shaped USB flash drive from my dentist with her phone number and website on it. At different times, I have also received aluminum water bottles, tote bags, stress balls, pens, hats, travel coffee mugs, magnets, and many more items that promote businesses. And let’s be honest…a creative, well-made promotional item is impressive. And leaving a good, lasting impression on clients and potential clients is what companies strive for, isn’t it?

I understand that sometimes companies are unable to allocate large sums of money toward advertising or promotional items, and, thus, choose the simplest item(s) available in bulk for a reasonable, cost-effective price.

I write this to encourage time and effort be put into the process of brainstorming, creating, and designing the promotional item(s) your business chooses to use and to distribute. Most companies will allow your business to sample their products to see if the product meets your standards—take them up on it! My challenge is: strive to “wow” your clientele.

Before writing this, I contacted some of the companies who impressed me with their promotional items. If anyone wants or needs suggestions, I am happy to pass along the feedback I received from the companies who responded.

2. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promotional items such as pens and pencils wouldn't work for businesses of some niche. But I guess in a way those things can help you.

3. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely promotional Items are very useful to make company more popular. You can also send designer T-Shirts to your clients. Even you can tell your staff members to stick company slogan sticker on their cars back side.

4. Ronald Williams

Ronald Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All promotional items require a better platform and they should come with exclusive quality. The business runs on requirements and if you map the requirements you will reach a good conclusion which will be beneficial. Promotional bags and corporate promotional products are designed in a special way for better response. There are so many ways to pitch your products in the market. The response to various ways depends upon your target group. If your product is designed for a certain section of the society then your marketing and advertising plans needs a special touch up. There are many products which are universally targeted and they are basically daily use product.

5. Greg

Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found coffee mugs to be a very nice promotional item, because they last long. Of course it is in your own interest to have a good design, because if people hate the mugs, they won't use them.

6. papachina

papachina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promotional products are really helpful to promote a company. It would be helpful when you print logo or any other company information in a proper way. Cheap product with low quality may affect your company reputation. Lots of promotional product Suppliers who supplies these promotional items at wholesale manufacturer price with good quality.

7. apatison982

apatison982
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promotional items leave a great impact of the brand or the company name among both customers and the public at large.

8. andrewtarant

andrewtarant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The promotional items have been in use for years and using promotional items is a successful marketing method. In fact, there are so many ways for using marketing items today. You can use marketing mugs, tops, key-chains, printed posters and much more.