The Laptop Advantage

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by chris34, Feb 23, 2010.

1. chris34

chris34
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi

First of all, you shouldn't even be considering a laptop unless you truly need the portability. After all, portability is the only feature laptops have over desktops. Ask yourself: where am I going to use this laptop other than at my desk? Here are some possibilities:

* You need a computer while traveling
    * You need to use the same PC at home and at work
    * You need to use your computer in meetings
    * You are a student, and you want to take it to the library or classroom

In your decision about whether you need portability, take into account that laptops are NOT feathers. They weigh a few pounds, and can be slightly cumbersome to carry around, when you include cables, power supply, extra storage drives, etc.

Keep sharing and reading
    Thanks

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I too have a Laptop. But I'm using it for my home use only. Although, it has been helping me when I'm student and browse Internet for various purpose.

The main fact is that you can use your computer without power supply. Nepal, being loadshedding of power has more potential of Laptops to work effectively. By the way, my battery life is just 2 hours, which I think is still less.

3. gumrosin

gumrosin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to carry a laptop to show your products to your customer as a trustworthy saler.

4. Ash

Ash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know I for one really want a laptop, as I have very limited computer time, and I want to spend time on my forum with my members, as well as my other favorite forums also. Plus, I like the portability of a laptop compared to a desktop. Desktops you can't take on the road, laptops you can.

5. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are getting a laptop you need to check the weight and get yourself a decent bag to carry it in for protection. I have one for the day job which is a decent machine, but the battery life is only 2 hours. My personal one for my own business has an 8 hour battery which is good when on travels. I have a dongle for when I am in the UK so that I always have access to the web. Will be looking into a third machine later in the year when I return to the UK as I require a good encryption package due to the data I hold.