The Landlord is my business partner.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jonsons, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jonsons

Jonsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone. My business partner will be the landlord for our business. I am the managing partner and majority owner of the business. Should he be included in the lease?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As he is the owner of the property, he will be on the lease in that regard. Is the lease being handled by a legal professional? If not I would recommend that you seek professional legal advice on it as it could save you a lot of confusion and trouble, should there ever be a disagreement or misunderstanding between you and your partner / landlord.

3. Jonsons

Jonsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, so you think he should not be listed as a tenant by name? Or should I use the corporation name as the Tenant dba the business name.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Who is writing the lease Jonsons? I worked for a property development company and have quite a bit of experience of property leases. The main thing I learned from that experience is that you need professional legal advice. I'd suggest that you write a list of any questions or concerns you have and discuss them with a lawyer / solicitor. Is it possible for you to do that?