The Golden Rule

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Bocacristian, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The 80/20 Gold Rule

This formula is so successful that it can be aplied in any activity and part of your life,is has such great results that it is aplied for more then a Century,and it will be aplied till the end of time,because is so effective, it can realy help you be more effective and more successful in much less time.

There is a great formula of achieveing success,and a lot of successful people practiced it and achieved great success and they are still practicing and it will be practice by all that wants to achieve great success.

The 80/20 Rule

More then a Century ago, an italian economist Paretto,find this great formula.
    The formula goes like this:" 80 % of your achievements comes form 20 % of your efforts"

So in order to be more successfull you Must Find the 20 % of your actions that grants 80 % of your efforts.

I think that this formula is EPIC!
    Who knowes this formula and practice it,please reply to me and share to us your experience.

Who havent experienced this formula and do not know this formula,please make a note of your 10 daily activities,and pick only 2 that is more important to you.
    Practice all those activities in a day,at the end of a day pick 2 and you will see wich of your activities gave you 80 % of the happiness,success,achievement,results of the day.

Practice it and your life will never be the same!

Thank you,
    Please reply!

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that's very true and remember reading about the 80/20 rule a long time ago.

Have you put this into practice yourself, Bocachristian? Please share your own experience with this.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us Bocacristian, the 80/20 rule is a very useful way to help us become more efficient in our work. The key is to identify the activities that don't yield results, then to stop spending time on those activities and focus more on the 20%.

Similar to Kay, I'd also like to hear some examples of how you applied this to your own life and work.

4. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for asking me this question!
    First of al it helped my get more organized in my private life.Make a daily goals,and working from a list,then choosing from that list the 20 % of activities that make me 80 % of the hapiness or the joy or that made me more fullfilment in that day!

In my worked (i am working with a MLM Company in my free time) it realy improved my work and my sellings since I have used this formula.
    After I used this formula i have concentrated more on those 20 % of people that made me the 80 % of the sales,and my results and sales Doubled!

I will like to hear your examples and your story about how you have aplied it in your life!

Thank you very much!
    Best regards,
    Cristian Boca

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the 80/20 golden rules is that 80% of revenue come from 20% of your client. Many of company focusing on the major customer due to this rules but google dont. They dont actually have "big" customer, they only have many customer.

Rules is rule, it can be change time to time. Anyway, it still very useful generally

6. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bocacristian, is this a one-time effort or ongoing? In other words, what happens once you notice which 20% of your efforts get you 80% of your achievements, and start doing those efforts 100% of the time. Should you go for a few weeks and then look again at which 20% of your NEW efforts give you 80% of your NEW achievements?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Bocacristian as I mentioned above I do believe the 80/20 principle is extremely helpful and is a great way to become more efficient. However, there are times when it is difficult to apply it. For example, I will sometimes have ten items on my list and they all need to be completed. Two of the items may be particularly important, but that doesn't mean that the other eight can be completely neglected. How do you deal with that?

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the way of explaining your point with the example of Google. I got it!

9. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good Question my friend,well you would have to see which of them are most important,if you would have 10 things to do in a work day for example,which 2 activities would you start first, the most 2 important or the last 2 important ?
    Do you begin "eating the biggest frogs" or the smallest ( Brian Tracy, in one of his books). The first activities that you start doing in your list of 10 activities,should be the most important,then you let,or procrastinate the less important activities,which does not influent your life in a greater way.
    In this case,you should use the ABC..Formula, A represents the most important things that you have to do in a day,for example: Going to work everyday,(except weekends) :))

I am sorry John the reply above was for Fergal,Its my bad.

Hello Sigma,
    I agree with you,you must find the 20 percent of the clients,that represent 80 % of your revenue,but the rule in making money is
    90/10,which means that 10% of the people in the world,control 90 % of the money in the world,and this is indeed a scarry situation.
    I think if we do not take attitude,and we don't take any action,there might be possible that 2% of the people in the world,may controll 98 % of the money (like Donald J Trump sad) and I think that it is true.

No John is not a one time effort,when you discover the those 20 % your life will change,and it will concentrate and do more of those 20% activities. It is like the moon orbits around Earth,it is exactly how your life will orbit around those 20 % activities.
    Then in order to become a true master from those 20% of activities,choose just 20% of your 20% activities which are the most most important and are extreamely important to do in order to become a very succesfull pearson.
    In other words if you are an open minded person and you like becomeing better and better you would have to concentrate all of your activities in the top 4% of your daily activities.
    Thank you very much for you questions!

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for all that Bocacristian, it's very informative. This is an area where I need to make some improvements, if I'm achieve the levels of success I'm striving for.

11. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are welcome Fergal,if I could help you improve yourself in this area,which I can,I highly recomend you time management books,but I bestly recomend you to read Brian Tracy's books about time management.He is the true master about this subject,and you will find a lot,I mean lots of new successful formulas that will help you improve your time management and help you become more efficient in no time.
    Trust me!
    I hope you become a master as well in this area of time management,because time is the only indispensible resource that we have,and above that the most important.
    Regards,
    Cristian Boca

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Cristian, Are you referring to "Eat That Frog"?

13. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes this is a quote from one of Brian Tracy's book,which I read it the first time for helping me setting goals for my life,and most important to know my self,and what do I want to do with my life.

I think that we all need to know our mission in life,not just living our life and not understanding the purpose.
    I think,and If you study a little bit the past you will see that all the time management,all the setting-goals books,motivational and other like this are originated by/in one epic Book.....
    The name of the book is Think and Grow Rich,all the people recomend to read this book,because it is EPIC.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks again Bocacristian, I have both of those books on my reading list and will get to them eventually.

15. sallychen

sallychen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for sharing The 80/20 Gold Rule

16. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With pleasure!
    Please tell me sallychen,do you know this rule?

17. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By the way this Golden Rule can also help you avoid Procrastination.
    By finding the top activities that are the most important to you,you will never have to say that you procrastinate them again,simply because you do them and you finished them first.
    How do you feel when you complete the most important task of the day?
    You feel good,you are more excited,more happier,and you feel more productive,
    and the most important thing,you will like yourself better,and you will like to do this experience again.

18. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This really a golden rule..when focus on most important activities then we'll definitely get good results..i need to work with this rule..thanx for sharing :)