the first thing to consider..?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by eLLaii, Feb 27, 2010.

1. eLLaii

eLLaii
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you think is the first thing to consider when starting or planning a business? :|

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing I would consider is, if there is a market for whatever it is the business will be selling?

Are you planning on starting a business eLLaii?

3. michael84p

michael84p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First think abaut how much do you want to earn, and how can you do it. If you know some marketing you know, thet you have to give for people what they need, nobody will pay for your product if he/she doesn't need it. Even if you consider it fantastic :)

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if you are going for a big business which have huge investment and huge potential then planning would be first. But if you are going for a short investment business then first thing would be surely go and earn up. :)

5. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi eLLaii, is the site in your signature the business you are starting?

Is there enough custom to make your business a success? Do you have the hunger to make it work through bad times and good... if these are both yes, then the rest is just a process.

6. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing to consider would be probably, Marketing Strategy. How to sell your products and make it a profitable sell at market.

7. indigonl

indigonl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Important is indeed if there's a market for your products/business. On the other hand; I run several businesses for +10 years now (financial/interim management, webdesign, web hosting), never made business plans, always convinced about my goals, ways of doing business, "know" I am distinguishable from others with the same products, and looking back I think the most important part is that you believe in your business, like your business a lot and you are willing to work hard and do anything possible to make it work. :)

8. sachac

sachac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before contemplating any business venture, I would strongly advise that you do something you love or you are passionate about. Everything else such is as is it bankable, etc. can follow. When you do, it will be fun, you will love doing it and you won't have to work a day in your life.