The first rule is skepticism

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by P.Skinner, Jun 28, 2015.

1. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been earning money online I various ways and I think my main learning point has been: be skeptical and avoid wasting your time.

There are a handful of basic ways to make money (content, ebooks, VAing, affiliate programs, stock etc) and which one will work for each person depends on their skills and temperament.

But there are literally hundreds of activities that will only ever earn nothing or next-to-nothing. And yet they will still attract loyal users who promote the program and assure people that they can make huge piles of money of they just work hard enough.

In my experience a good earning opportunities earns from the beginning and is somewhat scale-able. A little work makes some money (more than a few cents), and more work makes at least proportionately more--and often a lot more than that for reasons like developing skill and building your reputation.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My first experience in online earnings is quite good and I didn't suffer the pain of non-receipt of anticipated earnings. I am privileged to have friends who are veterans in online earning sites. They have gone through that phase of earning hundreds of dollars in their bank but remained unpaid until now, and not just one site but many sites. With that rule of skepticism, that's what they also tell me that I should always be aware that earnings are not guaranteed payments.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to earning online I think common sense is one of the important things. If something looks too good to be true then it probably is.

There's a lot of scam sites out there, aswell ad sites that even though they aren't a scam, its still virtually impossible to earn much money off.

If people are happy to work 8 hours a day to earn a couple of dollars then fair play to them, but that's not for me.

4. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's easy to earn a few pennies here or there but if you really want to earn a reasonable amount, you have to have something that someone is willing to pay for. If you have a skill or specific knowledge then there will always be opportunities.

Stay alert for the scam sites (and there are plenty of them out there) but there are also many well trodden sites out there as well, and plenty of people out there have also done reviews on them. But I totally agree with the scaleable factor. If people remain doing the same old, same old then you'll get exactly the same level of income.

5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's important to be skeptical when you begin your journey on earning income online. The scams outnumber the legit opportunities by a huge ratio. Way too many time-wasting opportunities out there as well, PTC sites are a classic example of this. There may be a few folks who earn some decent amounts through PTC sites but these are in the minority. It's best to focus on your strengths and talents and try to capitalize on those. Work only with online entities that have a proven track record of payment.

#5 Damien Lee, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think when people first start to try and earn money online, the PTC sites are usually the first place they'll go. While they've been around a long time, I doubt many people actually manage to earn any money from them and they'll quickly move on to other sites.

7. jteezymob

jteezymob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a huge number of products on the internet where the product creator claims that you will make you a huge amount of cash overnight and that little or no effort on your part will be required. These scam products have the same general theme. A guy on a sales page will tell you that he has made millions using a little known secret and that he will for just a few bucks let you in on it. He will claim that he is doing this because he is a really nice guy and that he is fed up with people who are new to internet marketing being ripped off!!!

8. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well said! There are some survey sites that disqualify you very often, seemingly for no reason. I would advise everyone to avoid them. I have read that the owners of such sites just collect all the data they need, then disqualify you without giving a reason, and sell the data for a lot of money to market research companies. Do not trust these sites!

9. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do my own research online in case one opportunity seems like too good to be true. I also ask around with friends and sometimes bring it up on forums and talk about it. It helps when other members share their experience or idea about your skepticism . Half of the work is done if you ask

10. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have always been very caution while I was online working. I mean you can never tell when someone is just trying to waste your time and then not pay you. I feel like I hear about this all the time. There are so many people who have been sucked into working online, and then not getting paid. This has happened to me once, and I will make sure that it never happens again. Before I sign up for anything I always look up the reviews about that site. It has helped me out a lot.