The eventual millionaire

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Frankers, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys my name is Frank and I am definitely an entrepreneur. My view is that if you are an employee, it's somewhat respectable, but i think working for someone else will detriorate your life. I mean what do you do everyday as an employee? I would say that finding work and trying not to get fired is essentially your biggest priority. Personally, I am doing 5 things right now before I explode my business. I am currently setting merchant accounts and atm machines which go hand in hand. I am dabbling in Internet marketing. I sell kitchen products. And I do business on Znz and Zeek which I believe to be great businesses for newbie Internet marketers.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our small business community Frank. I admire your approach and I hope that you become very successful. I look forward to reading more of your posts here on BAF.

3. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a great point there Frank. I wish i could also free myself from my cubicle and start a new life as a full time business man. Right now i am working as a full time accounting executive while doing online jobs as the same time. It was tough, but it surely pays enough to sustain our needs. Someday i will let my hard earned money work for me :)

4. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergel I will be posting more threads and contrubuting to the community.

5. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your comment. I really hope you can find a way to make money work for you. Accounting is very honorable and I' know you can make it happen. busines, at first, is like jumping into a sea of sharks hoping not to get bitten, but the reward is so great that it's so worth it. I do get my needs met at the moment although it is a little more unstable then your job but I wouldn't give it up for anything. And once you get that Entrepreneurial bug, it is really hard if not impossible to go back to being an employee.

6. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice point of view. As I stated in another thread, I used to be an employee, but I quickly realized that it is not the way to go for me. Not that I like to shout orders all around me, its just the freedom of spirit that comes with being independent. My employer is my family, I do everything for them.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Frank,

Welcome to BAF. You have a good point but apparently, everyone cannot become a business owner. Everyone thinks of getting out of their workplaces, having their own business - getting their own seats as boss, BUT again not every one can become business owners.

Sometimes it pays to stay on where you are - love what you do and earn enough for you to get on with your daily life - enjoying but not bored.
    While there are those who really wants to stand out and start a business on their own - getting their ideas all sparked up and ready to earn.

Goodluck with your business venture anyway Frank. Hope you succeed. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well put, Mark. Owning a business truly is not for everyone. It depends on your personal aims and goals. My father has always been an employee and he is yet to complain. Personal preference is where it's at.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And to add that real success comes when you are *really* happy doing something - not by force - but by passion you have for your work. :)

10. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is completely true and I agree with you. Unfortunately, not many people are as happy with their jobs as your father. many people strongly desire starting a business but just don't do it because they are too afraid that they won't get their needs met. It's really sad like when a kid has to watch other kids through his window having the time of their lives on a snow day but doesn't go out for fear that he may get cold. Being an employee is great provided you have a good boss, great people to work with, you don't just do mundane things everyday, and you are completely happy with your pay. Business owners can choose all of these things.

11. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know it sounds great the way you put it but most people aren't satisfied with their Job. Most people ,80% according to Deloitte’s Shift Index survey, are dissatisfied. You have absolutely no control over your circumstances as an employee(maybe some). You hate your Boss? Sucks for you,deal with it. You didn't get a promotion? Sucks for you, deal with it. You hate your pay? Sucks for you, deal with it. Some person in the office is doing everything they can to ruin your rep and credibility just so they get a promotion? Sucks for you, deal with it. Your office is clicky and you feel left out? Sucks for you, deal with it. By the way, I have dealt with every one of these. I apologize if this is offensive Mark but when you said "enjoying but not bored" I thought of stagnant growth and an unhappy life. And, again, most people think that is what they are getting into, but the survey shows that they are sorely mistaken. I know there is such a huge difference between an employee mindset and a business mindset that its hard for one person to understand the others point of view. For example, an employee will usually not stay with a customer after 6pm even if he shows up st 6:01 pm, whereas, the owner will stay as long as needed. A true entrepreneur would rather live on the street trying to get by then give into a 9-5 job. Again, not something that someone with an employee mindset would understand. To be honest, I never had an employee mindset, but I stuck with many jobs that were dissatisfying just to scrap by, which now, is not an option for me ever again.

12. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's great Frankers, I appreciate it though.

But again, I was only saying that not everyone can really get into entrepreneurship. Not everyone can become business owners. Just think if we are all business owners? Yes 80% is a huge number but still there are those 20% remaining who chooses to live a contented life. And that number, in my own view, is just driven off by the current economic changes and several downfalls internationally.

Getting into business or just staying a stable life is two different options - depending on a person's goal in life. If he/she aims to be rich and invest on something else that he/she thinks his/her current work is not enough to achieve that - then there is nothing wrong thinking entering into entrepreneurship. Go on and continue your passion.

13. Frankers

Frankers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea Mark thanks for your comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.