The emerging breed of entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jenniferjohn, Jan 29, 2015.

1. jenniferjohn

jenniferjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Students are more concern about their college education and why not, it is the deciding factor of their career. A study showed that entrepreneurs in the education sectors prefer to complete their college education before starting business, as they think that it is important to have an education before giving education. The education sector is becoming a great source of income for them and seeing the need, investors are blindly putting their money in this sector as chances of profit are high.
    Mark Zuckerberg rightly said that- “Our culture is enamored with the idea that a visionary individual can create a brand-new business that not only makes it big, but also makes a big difference in the way we live and work.”

• Like Like x 1
    #1 jenniferjohn, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it's true that that education sector is growing by leaps and bounds and is a very lucrative industry. It also makes sense for entrepreneurs that intend to enter this field to also be educated. However, I'm not convinced that most of them will make good entrepreneurs. They should setup a small side business, it can either be offline or online while they are studying. They don't have to spend many hours on this business, just enough to turn in into a profitable venture. If they can do that, than they know that they have what it takes to be an entrepreneur.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jacob Conway

Jacob Conway
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Education is a business lol and it's one where the top dogs make millions per year. I started my company with a small loan and today bring in $50 to $60k per month. I don't know many college kids that will make it because they don't have the mindset to run things because school teaches you to become an employee not a business owner. If you are going to start a business than get funded and work your booty off!

The only way to make it is hard work and a smart understanding of marketing.

Find out what people want to buy and offer it to them at the right time and place.

If you want to spend 100,000 to learn that then you are not business worthy.

If you are looking to be a nurse, doctor, or anything in those regards then school is for you!

I wish more people could see that College these days is training you to become my employee.

4. CashAware

CashAware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, for the need of being educated a lot to start a business, I would say: yes, but no.
    I think what's the most needed to start a business is accountability, and a good idea to start off. There's also a lot of factors that can play, but I think this is the both main factors needed. You need to be a bit proficient also, but some businesses succeeds to win without even that. But I would focus really on accountability, because accountability is the difference between a profitable business and a sinking one. I often hear about people being too much in the red because they don't watch every cost or every earning they can get. If you want to set prices, you have to care about accountability.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also have to agree and say that I think college and university degrees in business are generally a waste of time. How many times do you hear about people graduating with degrees and diploma's but end up working in McDonald's because they can't get a job in the field they're qualified in?

Studying medicine or law, with them areas then more often that not they do go on to get jobs in that particular area, it's the more generic degrees that people take that are the problem. A degree in business studies or a diploma in business management, is useless when it actually comes to running a business.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess there are 2 types of people regarding business - one is an entrepreneur and another is the worker. So you can guess that the first one has the mind of a businessman and the second has a mind of an employee. I had been an employee all my life although I dabbled in a small retail business from time to time. The way I see it, those who put up their own business has the guts and those who do not are the safety conscious like me who are afraid of failure.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to starting a business, I don't just think it's guts that's needed, because I think if someone as a decent idea for a business, then it's relatively simple to put that idea into practice.

The main reason I think people tend not to, is more because if the financial side of things, and especially these days, banks are increasingly less willing to take a chance on a small business, and that is why I think a lot of good ideas that could work, don't get off the ground.