BAF Review The CEO Code by David Rohlander

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Fergal

uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nov 18, 2007
    "The CEO Code: Create a Great Company and Inspire People to Greatness with Practical Advice from an Experienced Executive" by David Rohlander is an excellent read and I am delighted to recommend it to our readers.

The three main sections are as follows;
    1. Communication -Trust, Respect, Understanding
    2. Execution - Action, Habits, Attitudes
    3. Operations - Teams, Delegation, Systems, Rewards.

Overall the book discusses how you can manage yourself to become a better business leader, whether you are a management employee or the owner of your own business. The tips are practical and the book is both easy and enjoyable to read.

The lesson that especially resonated with me was the importance of setting a goal and taking action, over and above how you feel about something. I particularly love this quote from "The CEO Code"

“Once you have set the goal, you need to take action, even if you don’t feel like it. That means you must overcome fear, fatigue and nervousness. If you decide to do or not do something, simply because of the way you feel, you will end up in a negative spiral downward. If your values are worthwhile and your why is big enough, you will muster the internal courage to take action.”​

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions in relation to this publication.