The Best Web Design Tips and Resources for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Bwendo, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have taken the plunge and am enrolling back in school to do a diploma of Web Design.

After working online for several years, I have decided to fill in all the gaps on my knowledge base and get a formal qualification. This will open doors for me when I am taking new clients and building my reputation.

The question is, you know how after doing something for a few years you have an experienced insight into how things operate and the best ways of making use of your time. And you know the shortcuts and ins and outs of effectively working across the material. That's what I am looking for.

So what are the best resources for a learner with web design? I appreciate you all have your special tips and hints, but it would be a real asset to this forum if we could compile a reference of all our resources and information.

Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

First, I would like to congratulate you in making the decision to go to school to learn. You are to be commended for obtaining the knowledge you need the right way. Sometimes, people do something on their own, and give advice based on their own experience, rather than a high level of knowledge and expertise. Having said that, however, there are several people here who can help you with any questions you may have.
    As far as a "reference of all our resources and information", you can start with this thread. There are similar threads in other sections of this forum for other questions you may have.

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse