The best price.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by 50Cent, Oct 20, 2011.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can i come up with the best price for my product after comparing it with 3 to 4 businesses who is doing the same thing as me?

Any advice.?

2. ArcSine

ArcSine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would a typical potential customer who's looking to purchase the product, be fully aware of these other choices and prices? In other words, is this a product that's well-known and well-advertised?

If this hypothetical customer is aware of the choices, are there any differences that might justify your having a price that's higher or lower than the competition? (You're the only distributor locally, and so your delivery costs are lower, say; you offer a longer warranty, etc.)

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say the typical potential customer will be semi-aware that there will be other choices and prices. Other companies are semi-known and advertised, in other words they have a constant amount of customer from what i can see. My product is on selling t-shirt and it is not well known or even known yet to the public. I guessed most people will go for designs 1st before prices.

Maybe i would say the printing cost and design made on the t-shirt will justify the prices of the t-shirt being sold on the store?

4. ArcSine

ArcSine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Understood. If the designs are unique (something eye-catchingly different that what's currently available) you could certainly get away with pricing yours at a reasonable premium to the market. This also assumes you can get put your product in front of enough eyeballs to drum up sufficient demand volume.

Do you have any way of doing a little market research? Any way to show prototypes to some strangers who fit your target clientele, and asking what they'd be willing to pay?

5. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like doing surveys?

6. ArcSine

ArcSine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's certainly one possible approach. Your own judgement is probably the best guide as to how to go about getting your finger on the pulse of folks' opinions regarding price levels for your product. It'll depend on the details specific to your situation (location, product's specs, target market, ready access to a lot of foot traffic, and so on).

But before investing time and money in that direction, make sure there are no products already out there which are comparable enough to yours such that you could glean some pricing ideas from them. Don't reinvent that wheel unless you have no choice.

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok. What if i have a similar product like selling t-shirts and that what i am planning to do. But i am willing to offer more than what the competitors offered to the customers. Meaning i am willing to do more than the others. Will such approach works?

8. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try setting a price that is lower than what your competitors are offering. If not, then average.

9. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be careful. That's not always the best approach. If you can offer a better quality product or service there is not as much need to compete on price. Though, naturally, it should still come into your planning.

10. Smoker

Smoker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would advice start from the top.
    - You can go down anytime

11. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you further explain what do you mean by start from the top?

12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically you need to consider on the price, quality, delivery and after sales service
    Many people think that price or quality is the major factor to beat your competitor but the fact is more and more customer are concern more on the after sales service. This is because we cant actually know how good the quality of the product before using it for some time, after sales service give customer confident on the product and they no need to worry about the quality

13. Smoker

Smoker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sorry, I did not realize you are a designer. You can go this way -

If you are selling cushions from China...
    Make the site and name it chip-cushions.com /with lovest market price.
    Clone this site, add articles and news (blog) about cushions, name it lovely-cushions.com /with regular market price.
    Clone again, make it boutique looks like, name it boutique-cushions.com /with top market price.

14. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by after sales service? It is getting in touch back with the customer and constantly asking for feedback?

15. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can anyone still explain what does after sales service?

16. Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very simple compare your expenses and sale.

17. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Follow up with the customer whether they are satisfy with the product, helping them to solve the product related problem if any, serious on taking action if any abnormality happen on the product etc

18. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh ok i got it.. Anymore?