The Advantages of an eBay Store

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by emarketing, Aug 11, 2011.

1. emarketing

emarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are wanting to make any serious kind of income from selling on any of the eBay sites, then opening an eBay store should be high on your agenda of things to do. Having an eBay store has many advantages for sellers looking to increase their profits and sales on eBay. Some of the main benefits are as follows:
    • Better discounts on listing and final valuation fees.
    • Increased exposure in search results, higher placement in the default search results "Best match"
    • Easier to relist, revise and manage items on sale.
    • Better exposure as your store will have a fixed URL (example http //stores.ebay.co.uk/ebayshopuk/)
    • Ability to purchase your own domain name and point it at your eBbay shop (example http // www. 899shop.co.uk/)
    • Increased repeat buyers as you are easier to re find.
    • Ability to brand your shop and the items you sell creating more brand awareness for your business, a well designed eBay store can also drive traffic to your website.
    • eBay shops/stores can be found in Google results, (add keywords in shop page titles, also use meta section in manage my shop section).
    There are literally hundreds if not thousands of applications and software programs to help eBay shop owner reduce the time needed to sell and manage selling via an eBay store.
    Depending on your buyer ratings of your customer service (eBay Feedback System) you may be able to earn the top rated status, this will increase not only your discount on eBay fees, but will also increase your rank in the "Best Match" ranking when people search for your items, which in turn will lead to more sales and higher profits.
    Not opening an eBay store is like selling your items on the street, If the buyer is happy with the goods you sold him, he is likely to come back and buy again however if you have n o fixed location how can he find you the next time he is ready to purchase? They will just go to a seller who is much easier to find. Opening an eBay store gives your buyers a far greater chance of finding you and being able to return again and again.
    Whilst working as a freelance web advisor for the last five years, I have come across and advised many businesses on there eBay shops, I and my team have taken many many sellers from start ups to top rated status.

2. coxheadandy

coxheadandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More exposure
    repeat customers
    save time
    increased credibility
    increased security and protection
    get your own website
    exclusive promotional features
    free monthly sales reports
    save money

3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see.. But how much does it cost to open an eBay store?

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4USD. i once tried opening since i wanna sell discs and t-shirts then i suddenly got busy for months
    and when i open the email i've use for that ebay, it has about 20+ emails reminding me of the fees that increases each month :D

5. sjdataservices

sjdataservices
    uix_expand uix_collapse

EBay store is a store where you get different types of product from different sellers. On Ebay sellers give many offers to buyers like free shipping during holidays, this type of offers attract buyers as buyers will not only get product but also offers along with it. On ebay product which are in demand are sold at auction. These techniques increases sales as well as the seller gets good deal for the product.

6. infobanc

infobanc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many benefits to having an ebay store, and, luckily, we have a lot of content on our site that concerns all of the ins' and outs' of the ebay selling machine. Below, we've listed Nine reasons to Open an Ebay Store, and we hope this informs you about potential advantages for you as a seller.

Whether you are a seasoned eBay seller or just getting started, opening an eBay store is a great way to reach customers you may not have captured otherwise. If you have thought about starting your own business, opening an eBay store is a great way to enter the world of entrepreneurship.

1. MORE EXPOSURE. EBay reports that their store sellers see a average 25 percent increase in sales three months after opening their store. Opening an eBay store exposes your business to hundreds, if not thousands, of potential customers that may have otherwise never found you.

2. REPEAT CUSTOMERS. Store owners are much more likely than regular sellers to get repeat buyers, especially if they provide good customer service.

3. SAVE TIME. Opening an eBay store can save you time with special features, such as automatic relisting of unsold items. You can set your Store Inventory listings to last for longer durations, including 30, 60, 90, 120 days or "Good ‘til Cancelled." These listings automatically renew upon auction close if the item doesn’t sell.

4. INCREASED CREDIBILITY. A professional-looking eBay Store gives you added credibility as an online retailer. Plus, you will have access to the eBay’s Business Resource Center, where you can download templates for professional-looking business cards. As an eBay store seller, you can create up to 20 custom categories within your store to merchandise your listings effectively.

5. INCREASED SECURITY AND PROTECTION. When you sell products through your own Web site, you don't always know whether or not a customer is legitimate. EBay attempts to weed out unscrupulous customers through user feedback and ID verification.

6. GET YOUR OWN WEBSITE. When you open an eBay store, you get a unique URL you can drive customers to — whether or not they are eBay members. You can customize your store with your logo and images and colors of your choice.

7. EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONAL FEATURES. EBay’s Cross-Promotion tool lets you control which items are cross-promoted to your buyers. You also get access to the eBay Stores Email Marketing Tool and a store-specific search box.

8. FREE MONTHLY SALES REPORTS. All store sellers receive free monthly sales reports that outline their activity by category (e.g., monthly gross sales, conversion rates, number of buyers). Additionally, if you have a Featured or Anchor Store, you will receive overall eBay marketplace data to benchmark your sales against other eBay sellers. And, with Accounting Assistant, you can export data about eBay and PayPal into QuickBooks.

9. SAVE MONEY. eBay store sellers get special discounts on eBay fees and receive promotional offers and free subscriptions to some services. You also will save money on administrative costs, as eBay helps you keep track of your sales and print shipping labels and invoices.