Thai Silk Magic Love your feedback!

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Justin, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would love some feedback on this site. Have been developing it for a friend and it is now live.... Be interested to know if you have any problems too... Been working on the cache and not sure how well it is really working!

http://www.thaisilkmagic.com

There is a really nice story behind the site as well so if you are looking for some christmas presents you get to help a small village in the middle of nowhere! ;)

The site doesnt work in IE6 well at all unfortunately so if you use that browser I apologise.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Justin, overall it's a very nicely designed and professional looking site. Please see some suggestions below;

• I'd like to see a small introduction to the site near the header, just a brief paragraph explaining what the site sells and stating that the profits go back to the village.
    • The site could do with at least some basic SEO, for example your "Welcome to the Frontpage" title tag is not going to help your search engine rankings.
    • Delivery reliability is a big concern for anyone purchasing online. It might be worth including a small graphic near the top of the home page, stating how long it takes for deliver, e.g. "Guaranteed delivery within ten days".
    • Personally I find those Wibiya footer bars very annoying, perhaps other people like them.
    • Your Silk-for-Special-Occasions page, shows lots of prices but it doesn't display quantities, e.g. are those prices per square metre of something else?
    • I've also completed the survey on the site - I'm not sure that you should make the income question mandatory, it might turn people off completing the survey or perhaps they will just click any figure. People don't like telling strangers what their income level is. It might be better to replace that question with something related to employment status.

I like the site and the concept behind it, good luck with it.

3. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal,

Appreciate it.

Am working on a small introduction. I guess the graphic with the villagers wasn't catchy enough. In the meantime on the home page I have added in something that currently distracts from the entire site, but it does cover most of those points! Still will get it fixed

The SEO should have been working, there was a problem with the cacheing, so am delighted you caught it and I have now fixed it!

Will add in a brief paragraph at the top of the silk fabrics pages stating that they are sold per metre.

Will pass on your feedback about the Wibiya bar and the survey to Peter who owns the site.

Many thanks for your comments on the site. Much appreciated.

4. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Justin!

I think Fergal included most of the points in his review that needs to be take care of.

I would say, that the overall presentation is great. You must however make the following necessary changes to the design.

1: The Header must be enhanced. It seems to be incomplete at a very first glance.
    2: The alignment of height in the middle section needs to get corrected (section which includes Sign Up)
    3: When is Sign Up entering my Name & Email I get news updates & promotions. But where & how do I register an account to place an order?
    4: About the drop down menu of the top navigation - Why not choose color other than 'Black' for the drop down menu. I am suggesting this because under 'About Us' you have a 3 tire menu. About us> Mission> Good work ethics. When you reach there it seems a little irritating.
    5: Include margins at the bottom section where the products are displayed. Also when you land on the product page it seems vague since there are no margin lines or borders on the page that divides the Image, Description, Navigation Bar.

I hope this helps you.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all Happy New Year 2011!!

Your website is loading fast which is very good for e-commerce type web portal modeled sites.
    Color combination is also sober as goes with the product you are associated with. Every other thing is gr8 and is included by you.

My only suggestion for you is to include bundled product offers at reduced price to increase your sales. Also try to include half yearly or such discounts coupons at intervals. Give discount coupons to your previous customers.
    Show all of them highlighted at home page (Special Offer)

6. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally think that the web design needs a bit of work. The header is alright, but the body needs a bit of work, same goes for the colors used. It's a bit bland in my opinion.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Justin,
    It seems to me that Fergal already stated all the things that needed to be changed. And I agree that the footer toolbar is really a bit irritating and I don't realty find it that helpful. Maybe you can just put some Twitter and Facebook buttons on some of your items for sale to let visitors spread the news.

I also noticed the the logo is a bit small and the page still got lots of space on top that can be used.

Hoping for the success of your site.