Textile Industry Blog

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kguru1979, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just now I opened one blog using Blogger wherein I will keep on updating the latest hot news about textile industry. Though the contents are taken from various published resources of textile web-domains, I hope this Blogspot will have a nice collection of most important news which is very useful for members here in BAF thereby textile industry knowledge can be updated easily..

I mentioned the sources there at the end of each post so that viewers can dig it more and can get more knowledge on those matters.

You can view my blog here. TEXTILE INDUSTRY UPDATES

Any suggestions about this are welcome..

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The blog looks good Guru, please see some comments and suggestions below;

The domain name of the blog is quite long, the fact that it is hyphenated and on Blogspot makes it difficult to remember. This will not help you to attract repeat visitors. Have you considered creating a blog on your own domain name?

The blog is new, so it is not surprising that you only have two posts. Obviously you will need to add quality content regularly if you want the blog to grow and prosper. As you add more posts, it will be important to add categories, so that visitors can easily view posts on the categories / subjects that interest them.

Personally I find the small white text against a dark background a little uncomfortable to read, but perhaps that's just me.

If you are looking for tips to develop your blog you should find some of the links in the blogging section of our Useful Online Business Resources quite useful.

Feel free to link to your blog, in your signature here on Business Advice Forum and to promote it in our Member Ads.

Please keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance.

Good luck with it.

3. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your useful advice Fergal.. Sure I will update my blog regularly, eradicate the negatives. Hope I will try to open my personal domain under my name and will update the things soon.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with that. Are you saying that your blog domain name will be your own name?

5. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No No. I am not willing to keep my personal name as blog name since the title wont attract visitors. I am mentioning that I am going to work for a separate web domain wherein I will work for these kind of market updates.. That domain name may consist of my name as a part...!!

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The blog is good & news is also good...but would like to see some good links about textile industry!!!!

The additional resources about textile industry would be great aid to the general visitor to your blog..!!

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

textileguru.biz is available, unfortunately the .com and .net versions are taken.

textileindustryguru.com & .net are both available, They are quite long domains but reasonably memorable and very relevant to the topic of your blog.

8. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh. Thats cool. I am trying to find a free domain provider for getting such kind of sites. Something like WEBNODE is providing excellent tools to build websites, but mostly they are sub domains.. Still they are good, attractive in design... Hope will do a website under WEBNODE

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can buy your own domain for under $10. Is this something that you can afford?

Are you prepared to invest that in your site?

10. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. Not at all Fergal .. Just now only I am entering into online businesses and hope I will become quite affordable soon to get my own domain.. But as of now, I dont have any big plans like that... But sure, I will promote in other free domain and web builder tools which also, I hope, will be useful for viewers...!!

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered providing any services to earn yourself some revenue for a domain? Do you have any skills e.g. writing or designing skills that people would pay you for?