Telemarketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by draz, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draz

draz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you have a right to call up a random number from the local directory to pitch them your product?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

draz, would these calls be made in the US?

3. draz

draz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No in Australia

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not a problem here in Nepal unless the customer is happy to know more about the product. These kinds of practice is somehow annoying but may be it's gonna help you get customers.

Do you believe free calling service should be used in such type of business?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The important thing is to be very professional on every call you make. If someone you telephone makes it clear that they are not happy that you have called be very polite and understanding. Apologise for making the call and assure them that you will never call them again.

If you are personally making calls to potential prospects in your local area you are unlikely to run into any difficulties. If you are conducting a larger telemarketing campaign there is a good chance that at least one person you call will feel aggrieved and complain about having received a call from you. Either way you should make a couple of quick calls to the organisations below and ask them about the legal situation, if they can't help you directly, they will give you contact details to someone who can. You can ask your questions without giving them your own name and contact details, if you would prefer to do it that way.

Australian Telemarketing Association
    Australian Communications and Media Authority

6. stepheny

stepheny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nops I don't think So.........

7. asnetworksltd

asnetworksltd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does telemarketing create bad impact for customer?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That depends on how it's done. Pushy sales people who call and pressurise vulnerable people into buying something they don't want or need are bad for customers. Professionals who make and receive calls that help people can have a positive impact.

9. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true. If your calls are not professional enough or only oriented for product sale and doesn't include politeness and patient then it creates bad impact. They may sue you for non-sense act.

10. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really? Are there any place that includes on the list?

11. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I too agree with fergal. Some people gets easily irritated with calls that they don't really want to hear of.

Why not try e-mail marketing? You can take some list of e-mails that can be potential clients and send them e-mail (not the forward type) and tell them briefly about your products and services. You should always make sure that all your calls or e-mails are very polite and make it short but direct to the point, so that you won't have to deal with annoyed clients.

Good luck! :)

12. King Arron

King Arron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Telemarketing is basically marketing -- profiling the market or consumer segmemt for your products or services, what they like, where they are, when do they need them, etc. --- the how is the telephone, i.e., they are connected and you can reach them by phone, letting your fingers do the walking.

The old reliable telephone is an impersonal device, not like a TV set which is a welcomed intruder. The telephone is not necessarily always welcomed, so that means, you have to be very courteous or polite when using the telephone. Many place a mirror near the telephone so the operator or telemarketer can see his smiling face when talking. This is because your voice is affected by your disposition. If you frown your voice becomes unfriendly, if you smile your voice is friendly, so to speak.

Standard answer: Say hello, introduce yourself and the company you represent and say "how may i help". Pick up from here. Good luck.

13. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think yes because it's a part of salesmanship. Sometimes the answer depends on the receiver. The receiver might take it as very intrusive while others might get interested.It's just doing business.

14. foreverest

foreverest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have this experience about telemarketing. I used to write down what I would say before I called them. Some of them feel a bit bored.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've also worked in the telemarketing industry foreverest and my experience is that when you read from a script, it's very obvious to the person you are speaking to, that you are in fact reading and this can be irritating to them. It's better and much more effective to speak naturally on the phone. You need to be prepared for every call - just try not to read.

16. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have a "VOIP" as telemarketer, i think this will help you a lot. No payments at all.. All tools you'll be needed is yous a PC and internet connection, VOIP set up then that's all. You can now do your business @ the comfort of your choice.

17. Melvin01

Melvin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you are making a cold call you have to be very polite and confident. You have to clear all the queries of the customer, and keep the customer interested in the product or service that you are trying to sell. These are the basics of making a successful cold call.

18. nirav

nirav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tele calling requires lot of skill to impress customer on phone. Its an old concept but very effective techniques to get conversion.

19. kristenspring

kristenspring
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some telemarketer are so annoying that's why they have troubling getting customer. If only they get this work done without making any hassle to others. Then maybe they could grab one. Yet it depends on a person they are calling. Sometimes it fit our need sometimes its not.

20. onealgrambal

onealgrambal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Telemarketing (known as telesales in the UK and Ireland) is a method of direct marketing in which a salesperson solicits to prospectivecustomers to buy products or services, either over the phone or through a subsequent face to face or Web conferencing appointment scheduled during the call.
    Telemarketing can also include recorded sales pitches programmed to be played over the phone via automatic dialing. Telemarketing has come under fire in recent years, being viewed as an annoyance by many.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.